Chapter 18: Destined to kill

LISA's POV

We are back now to our hideout. I stopped by my house to grab some clothes and necessities. I checked the shop also before leaving. I asked Bobby's help again. I hope he's fine.

I'm just sitting here in silence outside the house, watching the sea. Yep. It's near the sea but it's quiet. To be honest, I hate hiding. It feels like we're hiding from everything and everyone for decades. TuRa is still silent. I hate the feeling of just waiting here for her next move. I really want to find her before any happens again.

What if the next will put anyone here in more danger especially Jennie.. I can't let that happen. I don't know why but remembering everything makes it feels like she's my life now and responsibility.

Does she feels the same way?

I took a deep breath and exhales as I caressed my lap. It's cold. The sun has almost set. It's—

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

I turned to her and stare as I lean my cheek on my hand, looking at her sideways.

You're more beautiful, actually.

"Yeah.. it is." I utter, still looking at her.

"How are you.. and Rosé?"

Rosé....

I stood up and walk to her.

"I don't know.. she keeps on saying she's fine.. but obviously not." I said as I lean my butt on the railings.

"How are you?" I asked. I'm still worried since TuRa almost killed her again.

"I'm fine."

"Jen.. you know what we should do to stop all of this, right?" I utter but I can't look at her and just bending my head down.

"I've made a promise, Lisa."

"We can't guarantee that it would be safe for everyone if we won't ki— Lisa."

She closed her eyes as she cuts me from talking.

"I'm just saying.."

"I've made a promise to Jisoo unnie that I won't let anything happen to her. We'll stick to our plan on not killing TuRa."

"This won't stop if she's still alive."

"I know that. But.." She sighed and leaned her back on the railings too.

"This is all my fault." she mumbled.

"Of course not."

"It is. If I didn't betray her before.. she wouldn't be like this. We're still in our place, living peacefully. Ever think of that.. Lisa..? If none of that happened, we're still who we were."

"We are who we are."

"She killed us.. 206 times already. That's ridiculous. She wouldn't be like this if it's not because of what happened before. I s-should've trusted her. I s-should've— Hey."

She's in the verge of crying again. I turned to face her. I cupped her cheeks. Both of them. She's so soft. Just like her cheeks.

"This is not your fault. Everything that has happened in the past wasn't your fault. We made a choice."

"I s-should've believed in her, Lisa. I've made her like that.. t-that's why.. I'll do everything to protect Jisoo unnie."

"I'll protect her too.. with all the powers I have. I promise you that.. I'll protect both of you. Stop crying."