Chapter 10: Take care of her

JENNIE's POV

I asked Rosé to bring Jisoo unnie back for now. I know it's a dangerous move but Dalgom will be with her. He will connect with the other guardians if something happens. I told her that she needs to have her parents permission and tell them we will have a vacation somewhere. She needs to be with us so that we can protect her too. Because TuRa will sure kill her if she saw her again.

I still can't believe I'm feeling this towards Lisa all of a sudden. After my rants and yells last night, I suddenly feel this pain.. longing.. towards her. I know it's love.. but I can't just tell her that because she's still busy loving someone else. Well, not just anybody else but her best friend.

All I can do is to watch her fall for Rosé. I think, I can't stand a chance in this life time.

"Are you ready?"

I gazed at my back but I can't look at her.. still.

"I guess so." I replied bluntly.

"Are you scared?"

Tonight, they will help me with my wings again. Kuma is on alert but I told him I trust them already. Should I tell Kuma that I remember everything now? What if he slipped and blurt it out to Lisa? I just shrugged it off. Having second thoughts about it.

"Hey.."

I got startled when she suddenly touches my shoulder.

"Are you still scared?" she asks. Maybe she's wondering why I got startled.

"H-Ha? Uhh.. no. I-I'm okay."

I forced a smile and walks closer to the door. My eyes widen when she suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me.

S-She's h-hugging me.

I c-can't breathe..

I was about to push her a little but she tightens the hug.

"I feel so guilty when you cried last time. But please trust me. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise you that."

"P-Pra-- L-Lisa.. I c-can't breathe."

Damn. I almost call her by her name. I am so nervous right now. And I can't really breathe properly because my heart throbs so fast eventhough she releases the hug already.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?"

She looks at me.. anxiously.

"Hey.."

She cupped my cheeks and that's when I noticed.. I'm crying again when she wipes my tears with her soft hands. I missed her.. why am I feeling all of this now..

Am I really this in love with her..?

That.. just by looking at her, watching her and how she looks at Rosé hurts me a lot..?

Eventhough I know Rosé doesn't feel the same way towards her. It still hurts, Lisa. Remember me, please.

"L-Lisa.."

I can't stop it anymore and I cry. I am so stupid. She hugged me again. And I didn't hesitate to hug her back this time. I hugged her around her waist and buried my face on her shoulder. She caressed my back as I keep on sobbing really hard.

"Yah.. why are you crying? You don't have to force yourself to do this now.." she said. I sniffed hard and sobbed again.

"I-I'm so s-scared.." I mumbled.