Chapter 20: Resentment

TP's POV

"How long are we going to hide?"

Jennie turned to Jisoo and sighed. She arvhed her brows as she massages her head.

"I don't know, unnie. It feels like.. we're hiding.. yet, waiting for TuRa to find us and attack us again." Jennie said and sighed again, now shaking her head.

"Where did they even find this place? It looks like an isolated island in nowhere.."

They are walking along the shore of the sea while the sun is setting.

"The guardians always scout around the area."

"Are we even still in Korea?"

Jennie chuckled softly.

"Of course, unnie.. what are you thinking.." she said.

"Jen.."

"Hm?"

She glaned at the older and saw her serious face yet worried.

"I still can't believe what has happened to us.. to you.. it's still a mystery to me from where Rosé came from. The guardians.. ghad.. my dalgom..."

"Unnie.. to tell you honestly.. everything really happened so fast.. even to me. But the moment I remembered everything. The questions on my mind got answered. There are reasons why these are all happening."

"What's happening even?" Jisoo chuckled driedly.

"TuRa was my best friend back to where we came from. I mean.. that life.. we were so close..— Like how close we are in this life time?"

Jennie looked at her then to the sand and hummed while nodding.

"What happened? Why did she become like that?"

"I betrayed her, unnie. This is all my fault. If only I believed in her back then.. this wouldn't be happening now.."

"What happened, Jen?"

Jennie slowed and then stopped and watched the sun. Jisoo looks at her and wait.

Then she begins.

•••••

FLASHBACK*

"Your majesty.." TuRa excitedly calls Ruby.

The priestess turned to her and showed her something she brought.

"Aww.. so sweet, my friend. Come on. Let's eat all of them." Ruby excitedly pulled TuRa's hands and went to their usual hanging out place.

A small wooden platform in the middle of the woods near the lake. The sun is high since it's lunch time. Platform they built with Pranpriya and Rosé. The place where they spent their times together. Playing.. singing.. dancing.. chatting and having the times of their lives together. Thinking about nothing in the queendom of Athens.

"Rosé was with me a while ago. She said she'll bring the pot here so we can cook this wildboar meat Pranpriya hunted."

"Really? Where is that silly girl now?"

"I'm here! We're here!" Pranpriya and Rosé runs to them, both giggling.

"The baker near the bay gave me this bread and it's fresh from the oven." Pranpriya puts the basket on the wooden platform.

TuRa and Rosé helped each other to set the pot. They collected some twigs and branches then TuRa used her powers to burn them.