Chapter 17: We are family

LISA's POV

I'm still anxious about TuRa's next move. All we have are theories and the knowledge of our past. Thinking that it would actually help us. But if we predicted right about TuRa asking for her siblings' help, then this is big.

"Your majesty, since you and Priestess Ruby remember everything now, you think it would be best if we..— Go back..?"

I looked at her and she nodded. I thought of it too. But in second thought, the lives in that life would be at stake too if we go back now. But another, it might help us on how to defeat TuRa completely this time.

"Let's wait for Ruby's recovery. We'll ask her about this."

It's been three days and she's still unconscious. Three days and TuRa still hasn't shown herself yet again. What is she planning this time? Whatever it is, we have to be on alert always. The guardians keep on scouting around for the time being.

"Are you willing to come with us, Jisoo-ssi? If we go back?"

I looked at Rosé when she asked and then to Jisoo. She stared at us and shrugged.

"I don't know. My life is here."

"And you'd be in danger if you stay." I utter.

"We can't even guarantee that coming back there would be safe.." she said.

She's right. It feels like wherever we go, TuRa will find us. She will. That's her destiny. To kill us. Luca is right. The only thing that could stop her is for us to kill her. But Jennie won't do that.

I got startled when Jennie suddenly gasped a big amount of air and got up. I almost fell off the bed from sitting beside her.

"Jen!" Jisoo uttered and stood up.

"R-Ruby.."

I looked at her with wide eyes, still shocked. She gripped my arms tight, really tight. And then her eyes flooded with tears.

"Hey.. what happened? You're okay. We're okay.." I pulled her and hugged her tight.

I glanced at Rosé and Jisoo anxiously while caressing Jennie's back.

She released the hug and looked at Jisoo. She abruptly approached her and hugged her tight. I saw Jisoo clenched her eyes, maybe because Jennie's hugging her tight.

"N-Nightmare..?" Jisoo mumbles while caressing Jennie's back.

She didn't respond and just hugged her tight while crying. She's really thinking about her best friend that's why she's having those nightmares.

Back in our days, the moment TuRa became vengeful, she often had these nightmares too. She's still blaming herself from what happened. She still thinks that she betrayed her and TuRa's resentment is keeping her this way.

Jennie withdrew the hug and looked at Jisoo. She cupped her cheeks while looking at her.

"I w-won't let a-anything happen to you, unnie. I swear to my parents' grave." she said. Jisoo looked worried but then she nodded. Jennie then hugged her again.

I looked at Rosé and nods as I stood up. I walked outside and Rosé follows. It feels like.. we have to leave them alone for a while.

"Where do you think TuRa is?"

Rosé looked at me.

"Your majesty.."

"We have to end this once and for all."

I heard Rosé took a deep breath as she stares at me. I know, if we just can decide to ourselves, she'd kill TuRa with her bare hands. And so am I. I'll do the same. But Jennie promised Jisoo that she won't kill TuRa for Jisoo not to become her.