Chapter 29: Herbal tea

TP's POV

Jennie visited Jisoo again in the guest room. A day has passed. She went straight to Jisoo as soon as she's finished in the library. She's silently watching Jisoo sleeps on the bed. She's worried about her best friend. She took the responsibility when she asked Jisoo to go with them in this life. And caring for her is one of those responsibilities aside from proving her best friend's worth, not just from her parents, but everyone in Olympus and Athens. She knows how big it is but she chooses to face it.

Rosé suddenly popped up inside. Jennie gazes at her as the girl walks beside Jisoo.

"She passed out after drinking the tea. She's resting, your majesty. She should be fine. I already cleansed her wound earlier today. The servants are still afraid of her."

Jennie is still quiet while holding Jisoo's hand. But she's listening to what Rosé is saying.

"Earlier today also, I went to Hades' ground myself."

Jennie looked at her when she heard it.

"I've asked his highness about the dress. I told him what happened and he said, if the dress is not chosen, it would burn itself. It was from his grounds and said that it was made like that."

"Do the queens know about it?"

"I went straight to their lair after the grounds. I told them about it."

"What did they say?"

"Nothing, your majesty. They just nodded to me. After that, I went out and got here."

Jennie just sighed. She doesn't even know if she's relieved or not. She's still worried.

"Is she sick? I mean, her temperature is higher than her usual." Jennie mumbles while looking at Jisoo.

Rosé walks closer and placed the back of her hand on Jisoo's neck and forehead. She checked her wrist.

"Her pulse is normal. No indications of fever or something. Her breathing looks normal." Rosé mumbles as she leans her ear on Jisoo's chest.

"What the heck are you doing, Rosé?" Jisoo muttered all of a sudden. Jennie gasped. Rosé immediately pulled back and stood up straight.

"Unnie! Hey.. how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, Jennie-yah. My knee's still hurting tho and my arm. But I'm fine." Jisoo replied.

Jennie nodded while caressing Jisoo's hand and fixes Jisoo's hairs.

"Unnie, is your head hurting? You're quite hotter than the usual."

"I was born hot, Jendeuk."

"Shut up." Jennie knitted her brows to her best friend.

"But seriously, is your head hurting?"

Jisoo shakes her head.

"Are you sure?" Jennie looks at her anxiously.

"Why do you want me to get sick? I said I'm fine.. haish! Stop worrying. I'm hungry. That's all."

Jennie and Rosé chuckled in chorus. Jennie glances at Rosé. The protector nodded and vanished from their sight.

"Jen.."

"Hm?"

But before Jisoo can speak again, the door opens. Both of them looks at Lisa when she gets in. The girl smiled at them upon seeing Jisoo awake. She's carrying a small brown bag of fruits and gave it to Jennie.

"Do you want some, unnie?" Jennie showed the bag. Jisoo just nodded.

Jennie smiled and approached the sink. She washed all the fruits and after, she sliced some and put them on a plate and went back on the side of the bed.