Chapter 19: For keeps

TP's POV

"I think.. they're expecting for both of you already."

"Hmm? Did they— Yeah.. unfortunately."

"Oh sister.. you failed this time."

"I didn't fail. I'm just asking for assistance."

"Again?"

"Yes. And the last time I remember asking for this, I succeed. I'll succeed again this time."

"What do you think, sis? Should we help our little sister here again?"

"Brother.. stop pretending. I know you've been waiting for this."

Jisoo glared at her siblings, who's bickering whether who's been waiting for this for a long time.

"Shut up! Both of you!" she yelled.

The two immediately stopped. Her brother looked at her and fixes his glasses using his palm.

"Alright, sis. What are your plans?" he asks.

•••••

JENNIE's POV

I keep on having these nightmares again. How I made TuRa like that. The things that has happened before. And the most scary one is that.. I saw Jisoo unnie in my nightmares too.

I can't help but to feel anxious about it. I can't let that happen. I really can't. Or else.. history would repeat itself. I have to do everything to protect her. Everything in my power to protect everyone.

"Hey.."

I turned to her and smiled at me.

"Hey.." I replied and tried myself to smile back.

"What's bothering you?"

"Hm?"

"I keep on sensing such inconsistent throbbing coming from you."

I just sighed.

"I'm just thinking about something, Lisa."

"TuRa? or Jisoo?"

"Both."

She nodded and leaned her elbows on the railings.

"We'll protect her, Jen."

"We have to. She's my responsibility here."

"She's our responsibility."

"Should we go back?" I looked at her.

She glanced at me and stood up straight.

"Do you want to go back?"

"I don't know.. I don't even know what to do once we go back. Where to start.. what to feel once we are there."

"I feel the same but I'm with you.. we are together. And we'll face this together."

I don't know what to do. I walk closer to her and hugged her. I needed it. It helps me to calm down for a while. I closed my eyes when she hugged me tight and caressed my back.

Yeah.. she helps me a lot. It's so calming when her arms are around me.

I just stared at the calm sea as we hug, resting my head on hr chest. I can hear her heart beat. She's so calm. I closed my eyes and let my heart beats with hers.

"I'm scared."

"Everyone is."

"What if something happened and I won't be able to protect her..? I can't see her.. b-become— I'll protect both of you. I won't let anything happen to you.. I promise you that."