Chapter 32: New life together

LISA's POV

It's already night and after we ate dinner, we went straight to our chambers. Jennie's still ignoring me for what happened. The queens, of course, asked how did it go and as what I've said, none of us talked about what happened after the jewelry shop. But Jennie keeps on giving me the cold shoulders.

I don't really want to do that. But I got angry. He tried to poison Ruby. He even lied about TuRa. Because it's impossible. The girl is dead. Long dead. We watched her turned to ashes in front of our eyes. I can't just let it pass. If the queens knew about it, they will surely lock us up here again and they might do the wedding here, inside our chambers. That's not what my dream wedding is and nothing can stop it from happening, not even that liar.

TP's POV

"Ruby.."

Lisa glanced at her but she got nothing as reply. She moves closer and hugs her from behind. Jennie isn't moving and just remained silent.

"Are you still mad?"

Lisa pecked a kiss on her shoulder. Jennie just fixes her position but didn't answer. Lisa looks at her and tightens her hug. She slowly unties Jennie's robe under their sheets while kissing her nape. Jennie opened her eyes and stopped Lisa. She ties her robe again and moves a little farther from Lisa. She then closed her eyes again and tries her best to sleep.

"You can't be mad because of that." Lisa mumbles.

"I just did what's supposed to be done." she added.

Still silence.

"Do you want to tell the queens about it? Fine. Let's tell them what happened. I'll tell them what I did. That man was already dead either."

Lisa looks at Jennie, who's not moving. Though she knows the girl is still awake.

"Are we just gonna sleep without fixing this? We're gonna be married soon and we're fighting like teenagers here."

"Just sleep, okay. I'm just pissed because of what you did. You should've let the queens decide to what they're gonna do with that man." Jennie blurted out.

"But they would still punish that man by death, Ruby, you know that." Lisa replied as she gets up and looked at Jennie.

"At least it's not you! I'm sorry but I am not happy with it, with what happened earlier." Jennie looked at her finally.

Lisa just sighed and averted her gaze from Jennie.

"He even mentioned TuRa. Imagine if the queens heard about this. That would just add up to their suspicions." she said.

"And you believed him?"

"I— It's impossible! You know that!"

"I know but— What, Lisa?"

Lisa just looked at Jennie when she continuously cutting her. She just shook her head and got off the bed. She approached the table and grabbed the pitcher to pour some wine on the cup. Jennie just watched her drink as she walks to their balcony. Lisa's eyebrows are still furrowed. She just remained silent or else, the two of them will be arguing about it and she can't stand Ruby's rants this time.

Lisa leaned her elbows on the railings while drinking. She took a deep breath and calms herself down. She just continued drinking while thinking. She was just worried about what the queens would do if they knew. If they knew about TuRa's involvement though she was already dead. And Jisoo is with them, she thought the queens might blame her again. But Jisoo's leg isn't healed yet, so for her, it's really impossible that TuRa was involved again.