chapter 1

"i really like the new city. it's pretty.", taehyung mumbles to himself as he's sitting in his room, in his new home, and watching the city from his window.

neon lights are lighting up the streets and it looks beautiful. he hopes that his life can be better now.

well... it probably won't if his parents don't stop treating him like that.

"taehyung?!", he hears his father yell angrily. taehyung already starts to shiver just because of his angry voice.

"y-yes dad?" the door slams open and his dad comes in. "DID YOU DROP THE BOX WITH THE LAMPS?"

"i-it was a-an accident, i-i d-didn't know they b-broke."

"you stupid bitch.", he says. one punch in his face.

taehyung starts to cry, but his dad doesn't care. he starts to beat him.

"i-it h-hurts, please s-stop.", he cries and only a few seconds after that he stops, before leaving the room without saying a word.

taehyung's nose is bleeding and his tummy hurts like hell. he sobs softly.

it's always like this. for everything he does wrong he gets punished. and he tries to don't do anything wrong, but he's human after all. and the "mistakes" he makes aren't even really mistakes.

he decides to got out for a walk. his parents don't care anyways.

his face is still red and you can clearly see that he was crying but he leaves the house anyway.

it's his first time in this city and it's still dark. he doesn't know where he's going and he feels like he will get lost but he doesn't really care.

somehow he wishes that he gets lost and doesn't have to go back to his parents ever again. he loves them, yes, and he tries to convince himself that they love him too. but he just can't take the pain anymore.

he was lost in his thoughts, he just kept on walking and walking. and only now he realizes that he's in a very scary part of the town.

"how did i even get here?"

he looks around and they're no city lights anymore. it's just dark.

he almost starts to whimper in fear when he sees people that are looking at him. and they look so scary, taehyung feels very uncomfortable.

"come here cutie.", someone calls him and right after that he can hear a few men laugh. but he just starts to run. he runs and runs until he finds himself being trapped in a dead end.

"you shouldn't be here. especially not late at night.", someone says.

taehyung turns around to see someone lighting up a cigarette. he can see his face for a second when the flame lights up his face.

he's pretty.

"w-who are you?", taehyung asks. still scared. "not important."

"you shouldn't come to this part of town. come, sit down.", he says and sits down on the cold floor, leaning his back against a wall.

taehyung just looks at him for a few seconds before he decides to sit down next to him. taehyung sits down and the stranger turns on the flashlight from his phone.

"you really are too pretty to go out alone at night. but what happened to your face? you're bleeding.", he says and taehyung blushes because he just called him pretty.

"oh, this is nothing, it's okay.", he says. and taehyung has to admit that it's really hard for him to not stare at the stranger.