chapter 46

both boys are wearing suits, looking at themselves in the mirror. taehyung can feel how bad jeongguk is feeling and it makes him so sad but he knows he can't do anything about it. but he still tries.

"gguk, it'll be alright.", taehyung says and wraps his arms around jeongguk. jeongguk hugs him back, closing his eyes as he enjoys the smell of his hair.

"let's go.", he says and taehyung nods. they grab their stuff like phones and keys, before they walk out of the building and go to jeongguk's car.

it's a silent 2 hours drive.

~

"i can't.", jeongguk says when taehyung is about to leave the car. but at jeongguk's words he stays inside. he sighs.

"gguk.", he says and takes jeongguk's hand in his own. "it'll be alright, i promise. you don't have to talk to those people and i'll be with you all the time."

jeongguk closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before he nods. then they both get out of the car.

~

jeongguk is sitting next to taehyung listening to funeral speeches of people he has never seen before.

he saw him. he saw his father and he felt like throwing up. taehyung is holding jeongguk's hand and sometimes when jeongguk is struggling hard with not starting to cry or freak out or something, he squeezes taehyung's hand.

jeongguk's heart skips a beat when someone sits down right next to him. his dad.

"jeongguk."

"don't talk to me."

"you're not going to give a speech?"

jeongguk chuckles.

"and what should i say? tell them about how you abused me everyday and how she had sex with other men and didn't care about me? no thank you."

"you've grown."

"shut the fuck up."

taehyung looks at them, too shocked to even move but at the same time he doesn't know what to do or say.

"let's go?", taehyung quietly says to his ear but he just shakes his head.

"who is that?", jeongguk's father asks, pointing at taehyung with his head.

"my boyfriend."

"looks like he's nice. hi i'm jeongguk's father my name is-", he says and reaches his hand out to shake taehyung's but before taehyung even can reach his hand out, jeongguk quickly grabs his father's hand and pushes it away.

"don't touch him."

jeongguk's father smiles.

"i can't believe what a strong, young men you've become.", he says, his breath smelling like alcohol.

"i can't believe that you're still an old, disgusting alcoholic."

"that's what i deserve to hear i guess.", he chuckles but jeongguk is tense. he doesn't like the presence of his father at all and the fact that he's so chill, makes him angry.

"can you just leave us alone now? thank you.", jeongguk says and doesn't look at him, turning his head to taehyung. taehyung looks at him with big and worried eyes but that's enough to make jeongguk smile a little bit. he leans in to peck his lips quickly. "i'm okay.", he whispers and taehyung nods.

"where have you been living since you left?", jeongguk's father asks and jeongguk turns to him again with an annoyed expression on his face, but it quickly turns into a mad one.

"oh, suddenly you care?"

"what if i cared all the time?"

"oh shut up.", jeongguk says and could start laughing right there.

"i'm sick of your bullshit. taehyung, we're going home.", he says and grabs taehyung's hand.

"taehyung, huh? what a pretty name."

"don't take his name in your disgusting mouth.", jeongguk says and can feel taehyung squeezing his hand.

"he's very protective over you, isn't he?", jeongguk's father asks, directly looking into taehyung's eyes.

taehyung's eyes grow a little wider and he doesn't really want to answer. but luckily he doesn't have to since jeongguk speaks again.

"we're going.", he says and finally quickly walks away, pulling taehyung by his hand.

madly he walks to his car and when they reach it, he lets go of taehyung's hand and both get in the car.

"who the fuck does he think he is?", jeongguk almost yells and is really angry.

"gguk, calm do-"

"fuck no!", he yells and taehyung flinches because of that.

"you've grown. you've grown? is he fucking serious?!"

"he's not worth it gguk.", taehyung quietly says but jeongguk isn't even listening.

"then he thinks he can shake your hand? introduce himself like every other father would? introduce himself like he ever was a father?!", he yells and hits the wheel. taehyung flinches again but jeongguk doesn't notice.

"god, i hate him so fucking much!", he says and after that it's just quiet. taehyung doesn't know how much time passed now, but it feels like an eternity to him until jeongguk finally speeks again.

now jeongguk looks at taehyung and sees the not scared but more like intimidated look on his face.

"babe, come here.", jeongguk says and taehyung is glad when he looks at him and sees that his face softened. jeongguk stretches his arms out for him and taehyung sits down on his lap, wrapping his arms around jeongguk's neck and hiding his face in his shoulder.

"babe, i'm so sorry.", jeongguk apologizes. "no, it's ok. you were mad."

"but i shouldn't yell like that next to you."

"it's just, he's not worth it. he knew he was making you mad and he reached his goal now."

"yes, you're right baby.", jeongguk sighs. "please don't be scared of me."

taehyung chuckles. "gguk i saw you threatening people to kill them with a gun, i'm not scared of you."

jeongguk chuckles at that too.

"yeah, okay."