chapter 32

taehyung is holding jeongguk's hand as he's waiting for jin to start treating his wounds.

"this will hurt.", he says carefully,
but taehyung nods to tell him that it's ok.

but as soon as the disinfectant comes in contact with his back, he starts to scream.

he screams and squeezes jeongguk's hand tighter than before.

jeongguk closes his eyes and takes a deep breath because seeing taehyung like this kills him.

he hears taehyung screaming over and over again and he knows that he can't just keep on doing nothing anymore.

"hey baby.". he says softly and taehyung looks at him. "just look at me.", jeongguk says and taehyung looks directly into his eyes.

he whimpers but nods while doing so.

jin starts again and taehyung bites his lip to stop himself from screaming.

"angel, stop, it'll bleed.", jeongguk says and taehyung does what he says. he leans in to kiss taehyung's lips and distract him from the pain.

he can taste his salty tears but he doesn't mind. jeongguk never thought that seeing someone else hurt could hurt him that much.

he would to anything to take the pain from taehyung away.

but he can't. he can't and it really kills him.

he slowly pulls back from the kiss, feeling how taehyung quickly grabs his hand again and it seems like he was panicking just like he thought that jeongguk was going away.

"i'm here.", jeongguk calms him and taehyung is mentally getting ready to feel the burning pain again but he's even too weak to sigh in relief when jin tells him that it's over.

now he only has to put the bandage on.

"you need to sit up.", taehyung does what he says and jeongguk quickly grabs his arm to support him. taehyung whimpers at every move.

again he's holding jeongguk's hand when jin is about to wrap the bandage around his upper body.

jeongguk frowns when he notices the bruises on taehyung's tummy. how did he not notice it before?

"your belly is bruised.", jeongguk says worriedly but taehyung just smiles weakly. "it's ok."

he didn't even really notice his bruised belly because all he could concentrate on was his burning back. it hurts when jin wraps the bandage around it, but it's nothing compared to
the disinfectant.

when jin is finished he says that he'll quickly get taehyung painkillers.

jeongguk pulls taehyung close and taehyung wraps his arms around jeongguk's stomach and rests his head on his chest while they're sitting on the ground.

"so warm.", taehyung says, snuggling to jeongguk as close as possible. again jeongguk wants to put his arms around taehyung but he's too scared to do so.

"y-you c-can't h-hug m-me back, r-right?", taehyung asks sadly and jeongguk's eyes soften even more.

"i want to so bad.", jeongguk says and kisses taehyung's cheek.

"i hate him.", taehyung cries. "i h-hate him s-so much.", he starts to sob softly again.

"he will get his punishment.", jeongguk says, his blood boiling when he thinks about taehyung's father hurting his beautiful boyfriend.

taehyung is such a sweet angel, how bad does a person need to be to be able to hurt him?

doesn't he have a heart? what the hell is wrong with him? jeongguk can't even think about a scenario where taehyung gets hit with a belt.

he doesn't even want to think about it but he knows it happened. it happened and now his baby is laying in his arms, whimpering and crying in pain and jeongguk doesn't even dare to hug him.

"g-gukkie h-he said t-that i-i'm a screwup a-and a d-disappointment. h-he said t-that i'm a f-failure."

jeongguk can feel the hate towards taehyung's father growing more and more. that man has to be the devil himself.

"none of this is true tae, you're the most beautiful boy existing, you know that? and i don't mean only your looks. you're such an amazing, sweet and caring person, you're perfect the way you are. and whoever calls you a screwup is a fucking screwup himself."

taehyung kisses jeongguk's chest at that, making jeongguk smile. "god, you're so cute."

taehyung wants to say something, but then jin comes in with the painkillers and water.

"thank you.", taehyung says and jeongguk is staring at taehyung's beautiful face that is still pale as he's swallowing the pill with the water.

he gives the empty glass back to jin and jeongguk lifts taehyung up, again holding him by his thighs.

"thank you for everything, hyung.", jeongguk thanks jin. "we'll go to sleep
now, you can sleep on the couch if you want." jin nods with a smile and says good night to them.

"let's get you dressed first, you're shaking." jeongguk says since he notices how taehyung's body were trembling in his arms.

jeongguk takes out a sweater from his wardrobe and goes to taehyung who is sitting on the bed since jeongguk let him down.

he helps taehyung putting the sweater on and he loves the absolutely cute sight. the sleeves are too long and are hanging from his arms.

jeongguk places a kiss on taehyung's forehead before he lays down.

"come on top of me.", jeongguk says.

"are you sure? i don't want you to sleep uncomfortably."

"just come babe.", jeongguk says and taehyung nods, slowly moving to jeongguk's direction.

he lays down on top of jeongguk and his head is on jeongguk's chest since he's smaller than him. jeongguk puts his hand on taehyung's butt since he can't touch taehyung's back.

he frowns when he hears taehyung whimper.

"baby, what's wrong?", jeongguk quickly asks worriedly.

"it still hurts but it'll be over soon, don't worry.", he says and jeongguk's heart hurts.

"try to sleep now, okay?", jeongguk says, seeing that the sun is slowly rising.

"mhm. love you gguk."

"i love you too angel, so much." jeongguk kisses his head once again, before they both try to fall asleep.

jeongguk catches himself sometimes
accidentally getting the urge to put his arms around taehyung's back. he hopes that he won't do it in his sleep.

jeongguk slowly starts to caress taehyung's butt and it actually distracts taehyung a bit from the pain that he feels.

then they both fall asleep, peacefully since they're together. as long as they're together they'll be able to get through every storm.