chapter 34

it's 1 pm when jeongguk gets a phone call and wakes up because of that. so does taehyung.

taehyung whimpers in pain because he accidentally just rolled on his back. jeongguk quickly helps him turning around again but now he isn't laying sideways anymore, he's laying on his tummy while jeongguk picks up the phone.

"jin hyung?"

"jeongguk i forgot to tell you.. in the first aid kid is salve. every day, you have to take taehyung's bandage off and smear the salve on his back."

"w-wait, what? b-but, it'll hurt... can't you do that? i really don't want to hurt him.."

"jeongguk i can't come every day and i'm sure that he'll feel more comfortable when you do it."

jeongguk nods to himself. "okay. thank you hyung.", he says and says his goodbye to him.

"what's wrong?", taehyung asks tiredly. "nothing angel, go back to sleep.", jeongguk says. he notices how comfortable taehyung seems in that position right now that's why he doesn't bother him with pulling him close to cuddle.

instead of doing so, he takes taehyung's hand in his own, slowly drawing circles with his thumb until they both fall asleep again.

~

4 pm

"ggukie, we should wake up.", taehyung softly shakes jeongguk's shoulder.

jeongguk's eyes open and suddenly he panics. "tae?! tae is everything alright?!"

"hey, calm down.", taehyung says, softly removing a strand from jeongguk's face and giving him a soft smile.

jeongguk takes a deep breath, not even knowing why he panicked like that.

"i'm sorry.", jeongguk apologizes. "it's ok.", taehyung smiles again. "how are you feeling?", jeongguk asks. "ok, i guess.", taehyung says but jeongguk knows it's not true.

taehyung's face is still pale and he looks so lifeless. he's going through a lot of pain right now and not only physically.

being whipped by his own father and being called a screwup and more isn't easy for anyone and especially not for taehyung since he's a sensitive little bean.

"painkillers?", jeongguk asks and taehyung nods. he didn't want to say it but he could feel the pain in his back growing again.

jeongguk gets him them and he also gets the salve jin hyung told him about.

after taehyung swallowed the pill jeongguk tells him to lay down on his belly.

"you don't have to do this if you don't want to-"

jeongguk interrupts him. "pshh.", he just says because he'd do anything for taehyung to feel better.

he slowly removes the bandage and even though he has already seen it before, he can't help but to gasp. it looks terrible.

"g-gguk, it's really ok if you don't do-"

jeongguk again interrupts him with a "shh.", and leans down to kiss his shoulder.

he gulps before he spreads the salve on taehyung's back. taehyung whimpers because it's cold.

"this will hurt.", jeongguk warns him, even though he knows that taehyung already knows it.

"it's ok.", taehyung says and jeongguk starts to move his hands. he slowly and softly starts to smear the salve and he can taehyung hear hissing over and over again.

jeongguk can feel how rough taehyung's skin suddenly feels under his hands. his skin that used to be so soft and clean.

jeongguk is really careful while he keeps on moving his hands and when he hears taehyung whimper, he gets scared and stops immediately.