chapter 45

"ggukie, can we make cupcakes?", taehyung asks his boyfriend, ignoring the fact that it's actually too late for that but who cares?

"anything you want pup."

"you have so many nicknames for me. how do you always decide which one to call me?", taehyung asks giggling, kissing jeongguk's lips.

"i don't know, it just happens somehow.", he shrugs.

taehyung takes his phone out to look for a cupcake recipe and they're both making their way to the kitchen.

"okay, we need two eggs, milk, flour, oil..", he reads and jeongguk starts taking out the things they need. taehyung goes to the fridge to take out two eggs and then he walks with them to the counter.

but suddenly, taehyung drops an egg.

he gasps loudly.

jeongguk looks at the egg and just chuckles. "my clumsy baby."

but taehyung doesn't even hear his words. he's standing there frozen, still looking at the egg with widen eyes. jeongguk starts cleaning it up, but taehyung's eyes fill with tears.

"i-i'm s-so s-sorry.", he says and jeongguk frowns. he stands up to look at taehyung. "tae? baby? you okay?"

"i-i'm s-so sorry, i-it w-won't h-happen a-again, i-i promise.", he cries, panicking hardly suddenly which confuses jeongguk.

he quickly wraps his arms around taehyung. "tae, please calm down. i don't mind, it's just an egg.".

taehyung takes a deep breath and then nods while tears are still leaving his eyes.

"j-just an egg.", he repeats.

jeongguk understands now what's wrong. it's the trauma. it's what taehyung's father did to him all the years.

"i would never hurt you or yell at you. you're clumsy and i think it's cute actually.", jeongguk says and wipes taehyung's tears.

taehyung nods and leans in to kiss jeongguk's lips. he smiles at him after that.

"let's make cupcakes now.", jeongguk says and taehyung nods.

"yes."

~

they had a lot of fun making the cupcakes and yes, they started pouring flour over the other and the kitchen looked like a mess, but they cleaned it up. very clichéd.

taehyung tastes the cream they just made to put them on top of the cupcakes, that just came out of the oven.

"oh my god.", he says while tasting it because it's that good.

"it's good?", jeongguk asks and taehyung puts his finger inside the cream and holds it in front of jeongguk's mouth after that. jeongguk licks it from taehyung's finger (sucking actually)

"that was kinda hot.", taehyung says and jeongguk rolls his eyes with a chuckle. taehyung giggles.

they start putting the cream on top of the cupcakes and when they're finished both look satisfied.

taehyung grabs one to eat it immediately. "i think they need to cool first- well.", he says as he watches taehyung taking a bite from the cupcake.

"it's so good. thank you ggukie."

"why are you thanking me?", jeongguk chuckles but pulls taehyung closer by his waist.

"because you made cupcakes with me."

jeongguk just places his lips on taehyung's.

"you know what?"

"what?", taehyung asks.