chapter 29

taehyung wakes up and grabs his phone, seeing that he already got a message from jeongguk.

ggukie💜:
babe i'm going to the prison now
i'll call you when i'm back at the hotel
please take care of yourself and eat well
i love you
❤️

taehyung replies.

mine:
please take care of yourself too ggukie and be careful
i love you too
💜💜💜

taehyung stands up to go to the bathroom and do his morning routine.

he knows that his day will be shit and boring because jeongguk isn't there but he tries to not complain too much and be patient, since he knows that it's also not easy for jeongguk.

~

hours passed and it's 4 pm right now.

taehyung is freaking out because the text message he got from jeongguk was at 10 am. 6 hours passed and jeongguk still didn't call him.

that's why he decides to calll him.

he's waiting impatiently for jeongguk to pick up the phone, but he doesn't. taehyung makes a complaining sound, feeling himself getting only more worried.

but 10 minutes later taehyung's phone rings and his eyes light up in excitement.

"ggukie? where were you?"

"tae? tae, i'm so sorry! we-we got namjoon out of the prison but some customers from the past found us and i have no fucking idea how, but we're in another hotel now.", jeongguk says, sounding stressed.

"w-what? gguk, are you okay? are you hurt-"

jeongguk takes a deep breath. "i'm fine pup, i'm fine. we just have to be careful now but i don't think that they'll find us here. getting namjoon from prison was easier than expected so we'll see each other again earlier than expected."

taehyung smiles at that.

"please just come back as fast as possible, i don't want you to get hurt."

"we'll try to catch the first flight tomorrow. don't worry, okay?"

"okay."

"i love you."

"love you too."

taehyung feels a bit better, knowing that he'll see jeongguk sooner than expected, but the fact that again some drug addicts are searching for them, scares him.

but he tries to not make up the worst scenarios in his head and tries to tell himself that everything will be fine, because that's what jeongguk is telling him all the time.

with a sigh he decides to eat something since he got really hungry. but when he goes to the kitchen and sees that his mom didn't cook anything he opens the freezer, since he's too lazy to cook something for himself.

he smiles when he sees strawberry ice cream and takes it out. then he grabs a little spoon and goes to the livingroom to watch tv.

he needs to distract himself before he'll go crazy, thinking about everything that could happen in new york to jeongguk.

so he's sitting in front of the tv with strawberry ice cream, watching a show for half an hour now.

but he frowns when he hears the door ringing.

his parents are gone and he knows that they'll come back late at night.

he stands up to open the door, can't help but to feel a little scared. in moments like this he realizes what a little scaredy-cat he is.

but his fears are washed away when he sees jin hyung standing in front
of his door.

"jin hyung? hi, come in.", he says and takes a step backwards.

"thank you.", jin says with a smile. "d-did you talk to jeongguk?", he asks and it sounds like he's scared.

taehyung realizes that he probably still doesn't know that namjoon is free now.

he gets excited to tell him about it.

"yeah, hyung they got namjoon out of prison!", he says and jin smiles widely, before his eyes fill with tears and he starts to sob.

he starts to sob because he's that happy.

"thank god.", he says as he's hugging taehyung and cries.

taehyung smiles, totally understanding how happy he must feel.

taehyung would be so depressed if jeongguk was in prison so he admires jin for being so strong all the time.

"if nothing comes in between, they'll be back tomorrow."

"i hope so."