chapter 44

"baby, are you okay? i shouldn't have let you go alone, i'm so fucking stupid-"

he gets cut off by taehyung moving, sitting down on jeongguk's lap. he wraps his arms around jeongguk's neck as he starts sobbing into his shoulder.

jeongguk gets so unbelievably soft at this.

"i'm so sorry.", he just says over and over again. "s'not y-your f-fault.", taehyung says still crying. jeongguk hugs him tightly and whispers calming words into his ear.

"they're gone. i'm here baby, you're safe with me.", jeongguk says and regrets that he didn't break both of their legs.

taehyung's grip tighten, which worries jeongguk. "baby? look at me.", he says but taehyung presses his head into jeongguk's shoulder as he keeps on crying loudly.

jeongguk feels horrible. again he feels like it's all his fault. without him taehyung would not have to deal with such things. with guns and violence. he shouldn't. he shouldn't get touched by random strangers and he shouldn't be scared of his life. so yeah, jeongguk feels fucking guilty.

he shouldn't have let taehyung bring the shopping cart back alone. he should've went with him it's dark outside for fucks sake!

"i'm so sorry beautiful, i'm so so sorry.", he apologizes again. "s-s'okay.", taehyung says again. he doesn't want jeongguk to feel bad because it's not his fault and he does everything to always protect him.

jeongguk feels like shit, the guilt already started to eat him up and now his baby is crying in his arms and he can't do nothing about it.

it's all his fault.

how could he let that happen? he always tells taehyung that as long as jeongguk's with him, he doesn't have to be scared and he'll always protect him.

but now they just went to the fucking supermarkt and jeongguk was too stupid to bring the shopping cart away.

he's so damn stupid.

taehyung still hugs jeongguk tightly and he doesn't want to let him go but he knows they have to drive home.

he tells himself to get his shit together.

so he stops sobbing and jeongguk only hears soft sniffing now. jeongguk softly rubs taehyung's back over and over again.

"loveyou.", taehyung mumbles and jeongguk could cry at this point. "i love you so much i'm so sorry.", jeongguk says and when taehyung lifts his head to look at jeongguk's face, he gasps.

because there are tears in jeongguk's eyes.

when have i become THAT soft? god!

"ggukie, why are you crying?", taehyung asks worriedly. "i'm not.", jeongguk says, obviously embarrassed about it but taehyung doesn't care.

"yes, you are. but why?", taehyung asks reaching his hand out to caress his cheek. "it's nothing baby, let's go home.", he says but taehyung understands. and it shocks jeongguk over and over again how much taehyung understands him without that he needs to explain anything.

"ggukie, i'm not crying because of you i'm crying because of them and it's not your fault. they wanted to get me to threaten you, and if they hadn't found me now they would've done it some other time. it's not your fault please stop that now."

jeongguk smiles at him.

"and if you're again on that 'if i wasn't in your life, you wouldn't get hurt' trip, i will beat the shit out of you cause you're the best thing in my life."

jeongguk chuckles at taehyung's words.

"you're so perfect. an angel.", jeongguk says, admiring taehyung's beautiful face. taehyung shakes his head with a smile.

"can we go home now? i want to eat brownies and ice cream.", he says and jeongguk chuckles. "if you move your pretty ass from my lap, then we can go.", he says and taehyung giggles before moving up from jeongguk's lap and sitting down on the passenger seat again.

he turns on the radio and when one of his favorite songs is on, all of the shit from earlier is forgotten and jeongguk laughs at taehyung's cute and funny dance moves.

~

"okay, but... why is there just candy?", hoseok asks.

they already brought the bags up to jeongguk's apartment and now taehyung's taking all the food out of the bags to put it to their right places.

he puts his strawberry ice cream in the freezer, already excited to eat it. he puts the eggs into the fridge, and the drinks into jeongguk's little storage room.

then he looks at all the candy unimpressed. of course he's thankful and of course he's excited to eat all of that, but he doesn't really get why hoseok hyung's that shocked.

and so is yoongi hyung when he also comes into the kitchen, gasping when he sees all the candy.

finally jeongguk joins, also looking unimpressed at all the candy.

"jeongguk?", yoongi asks.

"how much money did you just spend on candy?"

"i don't know. and i don't care.", he says and shrugs. taehyung smiles though.

"he's my sugar daddy."

hoseok almost chokes on his fucking saliva while yoongi only answers with "i see that."

"seriously?", hoseok asks.

"no.", jeongguk says but taehyung at the exact same time answers with "yes."

"why you're acting now?", taehyung asks hysterically. "you said you're my sugar daddy!" hoseok watches the scenario with big eyes.

"i said i'm whatever you want me to be."

"that's the same."

jeongguk rolls his eyes. "ugh, fine. fine i'm your sugardaddy."

"i got it!", hoseok suddenly yells and everyone looks confused at him. "what?"

"i recorded it.", he says proudly and holds his phone up and plays the audio where you can clearly hear jeongguk saying. "i'm your sugardaddy."

"now there's no escape jeon.", taehyung says.