chapter 33

it's 10 am when taehyung wakes up after sleeping for only 3 hours.

he wakes up because of the burning pain and he can't help it that a broken sob leaves his mouth and jeongguk wakes up because of that.

"babe?", he asks the boy that is laying on top of him but doesn't look into his eyes. instead of doing so, he hides his face in jeongguk's chest and cries.

"h-hurts.", he says and jeongguk really could cry at this moment.

"shh, everything will be fine, you're so strong you handle the pain so well.", jeongguk kisses his head.

of course he doesn't want to leave taehyung alone now but he has to stand up to get him painkillers.

taehyung whimpers and makes complaining sounds as he feels that jeongguk is slowly and softly pushing him away.

"i'm getting painkillers for you, i'll be right back."

jeongguk goes to the kitchen and meanwhile taehyung tries to sit up, since he'll have to do it anyway.

he whimpers and groans in pain over and over again, but he manages to sit up.

jeongguk comes back, surprised to see taehyung sitting. "you should've waited for me to help.", he says but taehyung just shakes his head. "i-it's ok."

"thank you.", taehyung says and swallows the pill with the water.

taehyung is so unbelievably tired but he doesn't know if he'll be able to sleep.

"tae."

"hm?"

"i think i'll take you to the hospital now."

"w-what? h-hospital? n-no- n-no, g-ggukie, please!"

"b-but you're in pain and i don't know what to do tae, i feel so helpless.", jeongguk admits frustratedly but taehyung just comes closer to jeongguk.

"just cuddle me.", taehyung says as hot tears are still leaving his eyes. he leans in to kiss jeongguk's lips.

jeongguk responses to the kiss and their lips are softly moving against each other's. they could never get enough of each other's kisses.

taehyung is the first one to slowly pull away from the kiss. i'm sorry i'm taking your sleep.", he says after a few seconds of silence but jeongguk just shakes his head.

"you're more important.", he just replies and pecks taehyung's lips once again.

"do you have sleeping pills?", taehyung asks and jeongguk shakes
his head again. "i'm so sorry baby." taehyung just shrugs it off. "don't worry."

"you came back earlier.", taehyung says. "after i heard you crying like that i just couldn't stay there anymore. i had to see you.", jeongguk says and taehyung can feel the butterflies in his belly.

"you took a flight one day earlier just to see me?"

"of course i did, you're the most important thing in my life. do you know how worried i was? i never heard you crying like that before."

taehyung smiles.

"i love you."

"i love you too. and you'll live with me from now on, i won't let you go back to that psychopath."

taehyung just nods. "i-i don't want to go back to him anyway.", he say and just the thought of going back to his father and seeing his face gives him goosebumps.

the first time when taehyung got hit with a belt, it were only 5 hits or something and they weren't that hard. well.. to that time taehyung thought that they were hard but since the new incident, he understands that it was nothing back then. because this time his father hit him without mercy and it felt like he did it a hundred times with all the strength he has.

"you don't have to.", jeongguk calms him, noticing that his voice started trembling again at the mention of his father.

"let's move somewhere else ggukie. somewhere where no one bothers us. not the drug addicts, not my father.. don't you think it's a good idea?"

"it is a very good idea, love. but let's talk about this another time, ok? you have to sleep." taehyung nods. "i think i'll try sleeping sideways."

"are you sure?" taehyung nods.

taehyung lays down sideways carefully and so does jeongguk. but jeongguk is not behind of tae since he doesn't want taehyung's back pressed against his body.

so they're just laying there, staring into each other's eyes.

taehyung slowly reaches out his hand. softly and slowly he moves his finger and caresses jeongguk's cheek. he smiles. "you're so pretty.", he says and jeongguk smiles at that too.

he puts his hand on taehyung's hand which is still on his cheek. then he takes taehyung's hand in his own and moves it to his own mouth to place a soft kiss on it.

taehyung comes closer to jeongguk and jeongguk lays down on his back so taehyung can put his head on his chest. he wraps his arm around jeongguk's stomach but jeongguk keeps his hand to himself at first because usually he would put his hand on taehyung's back or his waist.

but then he starts stroking his hair and makes him sigh enjoyably.

"good night gguk. i love you."

"good night baby, i love you too."