chapter 9

"who was that girl from earlier?", taehyung asks as he's sitting with jeongguk on the couch.

the others are also there.

jin treated his wounds and gave him painkillers. now they're all in the living room.

"she's not important.", is the only thing that jeongguk says and taehyung raises a brow.

hoseok, yoongi and jin are trying not to laugh.

jeongguk sighs. "she's a street prostitute. she saw me and yeah."

"and they had sex.", yoongi says. jeongguk could really kill him right now. "you fucking dick.", jeongguk says to yoongi.

jeongguk doesn't owe him an explanation but he feels like he needs to do it.

jeongguk sighs stressed. "it was only once ok? i don't like her or something."

"taehyung is so in love with jeongguk.", yoongi says. "stop that, of course not." "i'm just stating facts.", taehyung blushes again. for fuck's sake, when will he stop to always blush like that?

"serious question taehyung. is he your type?"

he would say no now even though it's a lie, but he doesn't want to hurt jeongguk.

"y-yeah i-i guess."

"okay and would you fuck hi-"

"that's enough.", jeongguk interrupts yoongi. "you're making him feel uncomfortable.", he says and wraps his arm around taehyung.

what's suddenly with him? taehyung wonders why he's suddenly behaving so differently.

"are you a virgin?", hoseok asks. "guys.". jeongguk says annoyed but taehyung tells him that it's okay. "i am."

"really? such a cute guy like you-"

"that's enough now.", jeongguk says again and yoongi and hoseok decide stop.

~

they're still in the living room. for 2 hours taehyung and jeongguk talked about different things and they both laughed so much. every second they spend with each other, they start to like the other more and more.

the thing jeongguk wanted to talk about earlier is that he wants to be taehyung's friend now. he hates the thought that taehyung has to go back home to his abusive dad. it makes him so mad.

but suddenly someone rings the door like 3 times in a row. it sound like someone is aggressive.

jeongguk and the others just look at each other.

"taehyung, go to my room and lock the door. now."

the door rings again this time 5 times in a row.

"why? jeongguk i'm scared."

"taehyung you don't leave my room, no matter what happens!",

the door rings again.

taehyung stands up and runs to jeongguk's room, locking the door behind him.

he's standing with his ear at the door, he wants to know what's going on.

after like 30 seconds he can hear jeongguk yell at someone. "i have no drugs! don't you guys dare coming to my house again."

suddenly taehyung hears a gun. someone literally fired a pistol.

he can't breathe anymore and tears are leaving his eyes.

he wants to go out and look if jeongguk's ok, but he can't

suddenly he hears everyone scream and shit and it sounds like they're fighting.

taehyung feels like he's having a panick attack. it's too hard to breathe right now and his eyes are wide.

after a few minutes which felt like an eternity to taehyung, someone hammers on the door to jeongguk's room.

"taehyung, it's me. open the door.", he says. taehyung is shaking hardly and opens the door with his shaking hands.

jeongguk rushes in and just hugs taehyung tightly. taehyung hugs him back and cries softly.

"g-g-gukk, a-are y-you o-okay? t-the g-gun-"

"psh, don't worry, i'm fine." they sit down on jeongguks bed and taehyung keeps on crying in jeongguks chest.

jeongguk strokes his back and whispers calming words into his ear. after a few minutes he calms down.

"i'm so sorry tae.", jeongguk apologizes and kisses taes head. "n-no, it's okay, b-but are you really fine?"

jeongguk nods and can't stop staring at taehyung. he looks so unbelievably beautiful. his hair messy, his eyes red, his cheeks puffy and his lips swollen.

"you're adorable.", jeongguk says. taehyung smiles and blushes.

"are the others okay?", he asks him. jeongguks nods. "i guess."

"who was that gguk? they wanted drugs, didn't they?"

jeongguk sighs. "yes, they did. one of them pulled out the gun and tried to shoot but i've seen it early enough to grab it, so he just shot in the wall."

"you could've died.", taehyung whispers and he's trying so hard to stop himself from crying again.

"but i'm fine. please don't worry." taehyung just shakes his head, tears leaving his eyes again.

he realizes now how bad the situation is. jeongguk could die like literally any moment. what would he do if he died?

it's crazy that taehyung can say that he would be unbelievably sad if anything happened to jeongguk even though he only knows him for 2 weeks but he can feel that they're somehow... like they belong to each other.

it feels like he finally found what he was looking for all his life. and jeongguk feels like that too, that's why he decided to not push him away.

"hey, look at me.", jeongguk says. "i'm fine, please don't worry. to see you cry hurts me more than this gun ever could."

taehyung smiles at jeongguk's absolute cute words.