chapter 24

one week later

taehyung's at home and he told jeongguk that he would have no time today because he needs to learn for an exam.

but now it's 5 pm and he decides to surprise jeongguk by just going there. and he'll buy jeongguk's favorite chocolate.

happily he leaves the house, already excited to see jeongguk.

~

yoongi opens the door for taehyung, but he looks so stressed.

"is everything alright? where is gguk?", taehyung asks.

"you shouldn't be here now."

taehyung doesn't even listen anymore and just steps in.

he goes to the living room and gasps in shock.

jeongguk is laying on the couch, his face is bloody and bruised and he can't even open his eyes properly.

"omg." taehyung's eyes fill with tears at the sight and immediately he runs to jeongguk.

"jeongguk? baby?", taehyung cries.

"hey.", jeongguk says.

"w-who who did this?", taehyung asks, yelling. "tae please calm down. jin is on his way, he'll help jeongguk.", hoseok says.

"you tell me to calm down?! he's about to pass out!", he yells and then hugs jeongguk tightly.

if jeongguk could he would wrap his arms around taehyung, kiss him and tell him that everything's fine, but he can't.

and he hates himself for that.

taehyung doesn't know what to do. he doesn't know how to help him.

taehyung notices that his own stomach gets wet and he frowns.

he looks down at himself and sees that he's full with blood.

"what the fuck?", he wonders but then....

he lifts jeongguk's shirt, just to almost scream.

he was stabbed.

taehyung starts to cry and shake like crazy. he looks at his hands that are with blood.

"fuck.", yoongi curses because he and hoseok didn't even notice that he got stabbed.

taehyung tries to get his shit together and puts his hands on jeongguk's wound again. he wants to stop the bleeding.

jeongguk groans in pain when taehyung touches him there.

"i-i'm s-sorry b-baby, i-i h-have t-to d-do t-this.", he cries.

"fuck, where is jin?", taehyung yells and suddenly, luckily the door rings.

jin runs in and kneels down next to taehyung.

"go.", jin says to taehyung and taehyung is struggling with standing up because he's still shaking.

he goes to the bathroom to wash the blood off of his hands. jeongguk's blood.

taehyung is still in shock and his body just won't stop shaking like crazy.

he goes to jeongguk's room where he takes off his shirt and throws it in the laundry basket.

then he takes a new shirt from jeongguk's wardrobe and puts it on.

and then.... he breaks down.

he starts to sob as he's laying on jeongguk's bed his face burried in a pillow.

it was all too much for him. to see jeongguk like this, it broke his heart. the way he didn't know what to do, the fact that jeongguk even could've died or maybe... maybe he still can die.

taehyung's cries are getting louder and louder, painful sobs are leaving his mouth.

~

one hour passed and jin knocks on the door to jeongguk's room.

"tae? you can come out. gguk's fine."

"oh thank god.", he says and runs out of jeongguk's room.

he was still crying until now so his eyes are red and his lips swollen. his hair is messy.

he sees jeongguk on the couch and immediately runs to him again. flashbacks from earlier are filling his head, but he tries to ignore them.

"jeongguk? baby, are you okay?", taehyung asks, at the edge of crying again.

"i'm fine. i love you.", jeongguk says weekly and taehyung shakes his head. "i love you too. so much.", he cries again and burries his face in jeongguk's neck.

"stop crying angel. please."

"i-i c-can't. you could've..", taehyung's voice breaks. "but i'm fine pup, please stop crying, can you do that for me?", he asks and the fact that his voice still sounds so weak hurts taehyung over and over again.

taehyung nods.

"you should sleep now.", taehyung says and jeongguk nods. "i will.", he says and closes his eyes.

taehyung stares at jeongguk's body. he's laying there without a shirt and on his stomach you can see a band aid.

taehyung kisses his cheek, before he stands up and goes away to let him sleep and get enough rest.

he goes to yoongi, hoseok and jin.

"it were the drug addicts, right?", taehyung asks with a emotionless expression on his face.

they just nod.

"how many were they?"

"4. but they were strong as fuck."

taehyung notices now that yoongi and hoseok also have bruises on their face. but it is far from as bad as jeongguk's.

"i was fighting one of them and yoongi one of them. but two of them, that also were the strongest, attacked jeongguk. we couldn't do anything."

taehyung just nods.

after that he waits for hours for jeongguk to wake up.