chapter 39

taehyung wakes up three hours later, still laying on jeongguk. he rubs his eyes and notices that he's very cold.

he looks at jeongguk and sees that he's sleeping too. he is a little confused because usually it isn't normal for jeongguk to sleep during the day. actually he has problems in doing so.

he doesn't know how they ended up in this position but jeongguk's arm is wrapped around taehyung's body so tightly and this isn't helpful right now because taehyung wants to get a blanket.

"babe.", taehyung says, his voice raspy since he just woke up. jeongguk doesn't react.

"babe.", taehyung repeats and shakes jeongguk shoulder lightly. jeongguk opens his eyes. "what?", he asks confused, his voice also raspy. "i want to get a blanket, can you let me go?"

"huh?", he asks but then realizes how tightly he's hugging taehyung. "oh.", he says and lets go of him.

taehyung quickly runs to jeongguk's room to get a thick blanket. he takes it and runs back to the livingroom.

"why are you running?", jeongguk asks with a smile on his face since the way taehyung ran with the blanket in his hands looked so cute.

"to get back to my boyfriend as fast as possible.", he says before he lays down next to jeongguk again and covers both of them with the blanket.

"wait- where are the others?", taehyung asks, realizing that actually they shouldn't be alone right now.

"jin and namjoon cancelled and yoongi and hoseok went home.", he explains. "oh, okay."

it's silent and taehyung notices that jeongguk is drowned up by his thoughts again. that happened a couple times today and taehyung knows that something is wrong. he can feel it.

"babe? what's wrong?", taehyung asks and rolls over so he's laying on his tummy. he starts caressing jeongguk's cheek.

"what do you mean? i'm fine."

"stop lying baby, i know you're not."

"babe, i'm not lying."

"you know that you can talk to me, right? i'll always be there for you."

"i-it's- i-it's n-nothin-"

jeongguk burries his face in his hands and taehyung's eyes grow wide.

"babe?"

he comes closer to jeongguk and pulls his hands away to look at his face and he can feel a burning pain in his chest when he sees that jeongguk is crying.

"oh my god.", taehyung says and pulls jeongguk into his arms. jeongguk hides his face in taehyung's chest and starts sobbing. taehyung never thought about how much it would hurt to see jeongguk cry. now he knows how jeongguk must have always felt when taehyung was crying. even thought it's a little different now because jeongguk never cries.

"baby, what happened?", he asks as he starts stroking his hair but jeongguk doesn't reply. he doesn't reply and just keeps on sobbing.

"it's ok to cry, i love you.", taehyung says and kisses his head, knowing that saying 'don't cry' won't make anything better. then he continues with stroking his hair and says calming and sweet words.

jeongguk's arms are wrapped around taehyung's stomach while he still hides his face in his chest and just cries. he doesn't even remember when he cried the last time. maybe... 2 years ago?

after like 10 minutes he calms down and doesn't sob anymore. "baby, what happened?", taehyung asks and takes jeongguk's face in his hands to lift it up softly because he wants to see him.

and even while crying he looks beautiful. taehyung caresses his cheek again and admires his beauty but jeongguk avoids eye contact.

"m-my m-mom p-passed a-away.", he just says, his voice breaking at the end.

taehyung gets so unbelievably sad at this message. he knows that jeongguk didn't have a good connection to his mother but still it must hurt so bad.

"oh baby, it's ok.", taehyung says and jeongguk hides his face in his chest again. he avoids looking at taehyung and taehyung notices that.

"babe, let me see you.", taehyung says and cups his face again. "i-i n-never c-cry and i-it m-makes m-me f-feel u-uncomfortable now."

"listen. you never ever have to feel uncomfortable around me. crying is natural baby and it's ok i swear. you must feel weak right now but you aren't. i'm here to listen to you and help you, okay? and no matter how often you would cry, i would always wipe your tears."

jeongguk is so thankful to have someone like taehyung. to have someone who understands him without that he has to explain everything. he loves him with all of his heart.

"i-i s-should've v-visited h-her.", he cries and taehyung would do everything to take the pain away from him. but he can't. he can just be there for him, hug him and comfort him.

"it's fine baby, it's not your fault."

"i-i'm s-such a t-terrible s-son."

"baby, no, you're not. they were just bad parents, none of this is your fault."

"r-really?", he asks and taehyung could cry because of his cuteness.

"really. you're wonderful, i promise. she should've treated you better if she wanted you to stay."

"y-you're r-right.", jeongguk nods. "b-but s-she's s-still m-my m-mother, y-you k-know?"

"of course she is baby and of course you can be sad. but don't blame yourself for anything."

jeongguk nods again.

"i love you.", he says and taehyung smiles. "i love you too.", he says and kisses his head again. "so so much. and we'll go through this together like we go through everything together.", he adds and jeongguk nods again.

"don't ever leave me.", jeongguk says and taehyung's eyes fill with tears. "you're m-my only r-reason to live.", he adds.

now taehyung allows his tears to find their way down his cheek. he hugs jeongguk more tightly than before and silently they're crying in each other's embrace for a little while.