chapter 11

"mom, i'm staying at my friend's house.", taehyung says through the phone.

"i never thought that you could build a friendship with someone this fast.", she laughs.

"yeah it's kinda... crazy.", he replies. "okay sweetie, have fun.", she says and hangs up.

"your mom seems nice.", jeongguk says. "she is actually. she just doesn't help me whenever my dad flips out."

"my mom didn't help me too. never. after a while i left them.", jeongguk says as he's sitting with taehyung on the balcony, staring at the beautiful night sky.

"i could never leave my parents. i love them too much."

"that's what you say now. when they don't stop treating you like that, i won't let you go back there anyway."

"you're not allowing me to go back to my own house?", he asks, laughing.

"not if it means that you'll get hurt. i've told you that i'll protect you. from anyone."

taehyung just smiles at him, before looking back at the night sky.

but he doesn't notice that jeongguk isn't watching the night sky. he's watching something prettier than that.

"tae."

"hm?"

"you're really beautiful."

taehyung laughs. "please stop, i'm blushing again.", he says, making jeongguk laugh too.

"but i have to say that you're really beautiful too. and hot. like really really sexy."

jeongguk laughs hard at that. "no one ever called me beautiful before.", jeongguk says. "what the fuck? are you serious? i swear you're soo pretty, like i could stare at you all day and-"

"they called me hot and shit but not beautiful.", he interrupts him.

taehyung feels embarrassed.

"of course they did.", he mumbles. "are you jealous?", jeongguk asks him with a smirk on his face.

"no.", taehyung says with a pout.

"jin said the whole school is talking about you. that worried me somehow. i mean what if anyone tries something and i'm not there?"

"i can't believe that you worry about me going to school.", taehyung laughs. "no one can do anything, there are so many people. don't worry about stupid things like that. and i can look after myself anyway."

"mhm.", jeongguk just replies, drowned up by his thoughts.

"let's go outside.", he suddenly says. "now?", taehyung asks. "now.", he says and stands up.

taehyung goes after him to the living room.

jeongguk puts on his jacket and while doing so he accidentally lifts his shirt.

taehyung's jaw dropped.

for the first time he saw a little bit of jeongguk's abs. he wonders how someone can be this hot.

"like what you see?", jeongguk asks and taehyung blushes again. "i hate you for always making me blush."

jeongguk laughs. "come.", he says and they leave jeongguk's apartment.

they talk about different things while they're walking and walking. sometimes it gets quiet but it's a comfortable silence. it's never awkward.

after like 20 minutes they reach a skater park. "omg jeongguk there is a skateboard.", he says and runs.

jeongguk goes after him. "do you know how to skate?", jeongguk asks taehyung and he shakes his head. "never done it before."

"you?", taehyung asks and jeongguk shrugs. "i guess.", he says and goes with the skateboard to a ramp.

a really high ramp.

"jeongguk are you sure that you want to do this? this looks dangerous.", taehyung says, totally worried.

"jeongguk please come down there.", taehyung says as jeongguk reaches the top of the ramp.

but suddenly jeongguk just does it. "jeongguk!", he yells, because he is frightened so much.

but then he is in shock.

he's in shock because jeongguk knows exactly what he's doing.

he skates like a professional and even does some crazy stunts. taehyung's mouth is open and he can't close it.

jeongguk comes back and taehyung can't stop screaming. "omg that was fucking amazing, why did you not tell me that you're so good at this?"

jeongguk laughs. he can't remember a time when he laughed that often. when he's with taehyung he is smiling and laughing all the time.

suddenly jeongguk stares at a certain direction and pulls taehyung closer by his waist.

"what's wrong?", he asks. but then he sees some boys that just came to the skater park.

"let's go.", jeongguk says and still haven't let go of taehyung's waist.

"jeongguk!", someone yells suddenly and jeongguk sighs. "fuck.", he curses.

he pulls taehyung closer than before if that's even possible.

"jeongguk, we need new stuff.", 3 guys say when they're standing right in front of taehyung and jeongguk.

"i don't sell anymore. even if i wanted to, i don't have any stuff anymore. just find someone else.", he says.

"but yours was the best.", one of them says. "we'll find someone else ty, let's go.", the other says. "no! jeongguk you better get me drugs-"

"listen you-.", taehyung says and takes a big step forward.

jeongguk tries to pull him close again but taehyung still stands right there.

"i don't care about your stupid drug addiction and that shit is not jeongguk's problem anymore. you better leave him alone and move your lazy ass to find someone else."

"or what?", one of them says and takes a step forward too, but suddenly jeongguk standing in front of taehyung, ready to fight this fucker.

"just dare to touch him and i swear to god i will kill you.", jeongguk says in a scary voice while staring deeply into his eyes.

he just glares back before he suddenly loses the balls to start a fight or something.

"let's go.", he says.

"i don't want to go yet", suddenly the one that is still staring at taehyung says.

but the other just pulls him by his arm, before they leave the park.

they go away and taehyung feels relieved.

"tae, i'm so sorry if i hurt you by pushing you away too hard, i just got so scared when he suddenly got close to you and-"

"gguk.", taehyung interrupts him and puts his hand on jeongguks cheek.

"you did everything right, don't worry." he hugs him and jeongguk hugs back immediately. "thank you.", taehyung says and kisses jeongguks cheek.

"i should thank you. you wanted to protect me but please don't ever do that again.", jeongguk says to taehyung. "even though it was really cute.", jeongguk adds and they both laugh again.

"i just got so angry.", he says and jeongguk chuckles. but his face gets a serious expression not too long after that.

"i can't even take you out without that you almost get hurt." taehyung just rolls his eyes at that. "just shut up and show me other places. the night is still young.", taehyung says and pulls jeongguk by his arm.

jeongguk can't believe that this wasn't a big deal for taehyung. but he's glad that it's like that. he wants to enjoy every second that he spends with taehyung.