chapter 27

"painkillers. please.", is the first thing that jeongguk says when he wakes up.

taehyung immediately stands up to get him painkillers and water.

"here.", he gives it to him.

jeongguk swallows the pill and groans in pain after that.

"gguk, what can i do?", taehyung asks, so worried about his boyfriend. he would accept to feel the pain instead of jeongguk.

"nothing. don't worry, i'm fine.", he says, but the painful expression on his face says otherwise.

taehyung doesn't say anything and just stares at his boyfriend with a sad expression.

"don't look at me like that.", jeongguk says and taehyung smiles with a blush and looks away.

"i will make breakfast, kay?", taehyung asks. "you don't have to-"
"pshh.", taehyung interrupts him and covers him with the blanket.

"you'll wait here and i'll make you the best breakfast in the world. oh and... don't miss me too much.", he says and leaves the room.

jeongguk giggles to himself, he's so in love with the cute boy.

~

40 minutes passed as taehyung is in the kitchen and his phone starts to ring.

"i can't believe that you just called me.", taehyung says as he picks up the phone.

"but i missed you.", jeongguk whines, making taehyung roll his eyes with a smile on his lips.

"give me five more minutes baby, okay?"

"okay.", jeongguk replies. "i love you."

"i love you too."

taehyung made a lot of pancakes, like really a lot.

he puts them on a plate (but not all of them) and then on a tray, where he also puts a cup of tea.

on top of the pancakes are strawberries, bananas that he has cut in little pieces and little pieces of kiwi. the fruits are also on the plate, surrounding the pancakes.

then he pours syrup over the pancakes, smiling when he's finished.

satisfied with his result, he takes the tray in his hands and makes his way to jeongguk's room.

jeongguk's eyes grow wide when he sees the tray and he looks like an excited little bunny.

"tae.", he says as taehyung places the food on the table next to jeongguk's bed.

then he sits down to help jeongguk sitting up.

jeongguk groans in pain again, but it's ok. it's ok because taehyung looks at him with a smile and places a kiss on his forehead.

jeongguk believes that it's a real angel that is sitting right in front of him.

"tae, this looks perfect. thank you so much.", jeongguk says and taehyung smiles before he takes the plate in his hands and puts it on jeongguk's lap.

"try it.", taehyung says and jeongguk grabs the fork and the knife that taehyung has put there.

taehyung watches excitedly as jeongguk brings the fork closer to his mouth and finally tastes it.

his eyes go wide again.

"god... this is... amazing." taehyung smiles happily at that. "what did i do to deserve you?", jeongguk asks as he's eating the best pancakes he ever had.

"i should ask myself that."

~

one week later

taehyung just arrived at jeongguk's apartment, yoongi picked him up since he was on his way to go there anyway.

taehyung hugs jeongguk tightly but even at the way jeongguk smiles at him, he knows that something is wrong.

"gguk? is everything alright?"

"um.. i need to talk to you."

taehyung feels himself panicking. what if jeongguk wants to break up? what will he do then?

he starts to shake and there's a terrified look on his face.

"hey.", jeongguk says softly and grabs taehyung's shaking hand. "calm down, please."

"y-you're not breaking up with me, right?"

jeongguk's eyes widen and he softens even more at that.

"of course not baby, i would never.", he says and kisses taehyung's forehead.

he holds his hand and pulls him to the couch where they sit down.

"you know that namjoon is in new york right?"

"yeah."

"he's in prison tae. he's in prison but i can get him out of there when i pay his deposit. but... for that i need to leave. i have to go there and-"

"what? no! g-gguk, i-i can't handle that, to worry about you all the time i mean what if something happens-"

"we can talk over our phones right?"

taehyung shakes his head, tears prickling in his eyes.

"i don't want you to go.", he starts to cry and jeongguk pulls him into his arms.

"jin hyung is really unhappy baby. and namjoon is my friend, i can't let him be in prison. do you understand that?"

"i-i do, but ggukie.. i love you, i'm so scared."

"i know beautiful, but you can call me as much as you want to make sure that i'm fine, because nothing bad will happen, okay? i love you too and i'll miss you like hell, but i have to go love."

"when?"

"tomorrow."

taehyung's lip begins to tremble.

"oh, please don't cry.", jeongguk says and kisses his lovers face over and over again.

taehyung hugs jeongguk tightly, not planning to let him go, since he has to go tomorrow.

"how long?", taehyung asks, still in jeongguk's arms, trying not to cry.

"just a couple days, i guess. yoongi hyung is coming with me, everything will be alright."

taehyung doesn't reply to that.

"i love you. so much."

"i love you too."