Part 12

2 months later

Walking through the mall with Ari they were out shopping for swimsuits for their upcoming trip they still didn't know where the boys were taking them since they wanted it to be a surprise. Aaliyah was happy either way 2-weeks to enjoy her for a while is what she needs at the moment.

Dave has been acting standoffish towards her for the last 2 months well they both been standoffish towards each other since that night. It felt like he was a whole new person In her eyes. Her body ached for a week but she didn't let him know that because a side of her liked it and the other part had questions but didn't know how to approach it to me.

"You got everything you need?" Ari asked A as the walked towards the food court. Thinking for a minute she nodded "Yeah I'm packed and ready" A said moving her shoulder back and forth with a funny smirk on her face. They been at the mall for four hours Aaliyah was ready to go home she was tired and hungry.

****

Dave pulled up to his tattoo shop walking in seeing how busy it was he smiled he loved how his business because booming with so many people when he first opened it. Now it was so many people booking appointments and trying to get him to do their tattoo. He walked back towards his office unlocking the door he sat down and thought about Aaliyah and how they been treating each other for the past week.

Dave opened his soul food container before taking a bite of his beans and rice he let his phone have his attention. He looked up and damn near dropped his phone their stood Gina looking at him with a small smirk on her face that alone made Dave think about his 14-year-old life where it all started.

*Flashback begins

"Gavoni this is your godmother Gina and she's here to take you away for a while" Dave mother spoke he was to busy running the street she couldn't keep her eyes on him.

"I never met her a day in my life and I'm not going nowhere with ha" He furrowed his eyebrows with a scrunched up face.

"I live in Manhattan New York" Gina spoke up eyeing Gavoni down like he was a piece of steak and that had him uncomfortable.

He eyed her with a mug on his face just looking at her he could tell she was a rich snobby lady. He wondered where his mom knew her from he never seen her a day in his life now out of nowhere he has a godmother.

"So I'm going with her for how long?" He asked his mother looking at her. She shrugged her shoulders making him scrunch his face up at her. "You don't know? how that work" he chuckled bitterly.

"She'll take care of you Gavoni until I can get back on my feet well" she smiled at him rubbing his cheek before kissing his forehead.

*Flashback ends.

Dave was still mad at his mother for sending him there with her if it was one thing he would've loved to struggle with his mother. He was even doing a little corner business that she didn't know about on the side or that he thought. He forgave his mother a long time ago   sending her money every month. He just hasn't gone to go see her or his sister because he still didn't have the same love he had for her at first.

"What are you doing here?" Dave gritted through his teeth throwing his fork into his container closing it and pushing it back he lost his appetite. With her in his presence and that only means one thing and he wasn't going back down that road for anymore.

Gina struts her way over towards him with a small smile on her face she sat at his desk looking him over like he was a piece of meat. She clasps her hands together before talking "Are you still where I left you?" she asked with a raised eyebrow causing Dave to shake his head.