Instrutions-2

Chapter 2
Layla POV
Sunday

I woke up to a loud bang.

It sounded like someone slamming the front door to the house. Probably because that's what it was.

I live with my Aunt Susie. Most people would think a person named Susie would have a happy and bubbly personality, but no. Not her.

Aunt Susie hates everyone, including me. It's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING to be able to live with her!

You might be asking why I am living with my aunt instead of my parents. Well, I have been asking that questions for years.

I have no idea who my parents are. All I know is that she is my aunt.

Life with my Aunt Susie starts out everyday with her banging out of the house at 9am going to do whatever it is she does everyday.

I know she isn't going to work, because I'm the one who has to pay all the the bills around here.

But I don't mind. I get to get up and spend the whole day without seeing her, and when I get home, she is either asleep or not home yet, so I don't have to see her then either.

It has been that way for years.

I don't mess with her or get in her way, but I still have to dodge being yelled at and other punishments for "wasting my time with your useless ass."

Her punishments ranged from grounded for a week to no food for a week. It depended on how well her day went.

But now I have someone to talk to.

Good morning Vix.

"Morning Layla. Today is the day you learn the fox powers!"

Yep. I think we can go to the park close by. There are a lot of woods behind it and I think we can go deep enough where no one will see us.

"That sounds like a plan. Now get ready. I want to go out." Vix complains, making me laugh.

I slump out of bed leaving the nice warmth behind. I change into a white sweater that was super comfy and black skinny jeans that I have had forever. It was still cold outside so I wanted to make sure I was dressed warmly enough.

Once I was dressed and ready to go, I jumped out the door and into my truck.

It took me 5 minutes to get to the park.

There was a recreational building and a play place where kids can run around and play on the swings and slides.

It looked like a lot of fun for the kids to run around with their parents and be so carefree.

But now I have my fox spirit to be carefree with. So I started my walk onto the trail that lead into the woods.

There was a path the people ran and biked down. People passed right by me, not caring or noticing me.

Soon I started walking off the path deeper into the woods where no one could see me.

Ok what first.

I'm really excited, actually. I mean, who wouldn't be excited to learn to control powers of a fox?

"Haha. Excited are we?" Vix laughed.

Of course I am. So please move on and explain.

"Ok ok. Calm down. You need to be calm so this can work." She starts.

Ok calming down now.

I jumped up and down to get rid of the extra energy, smiling the whole time.