The Rouges-22

Chapter 22
Layla's POV
Saturday

We weren't far from home like I said before but as we reached the house I got this instead feeling like my stomach sunk.

Ryder moved his hand to his head and rubbed his forehead saying "I have a massive headache. People are trying to mind-link me all at once."

"Mind-link?" I ask not knowing what that is.

"Oh. It is a way of talking to each other. When you become Luna you will be able to mind-link everyone and they can mind-link to you. Along with other things that will happen." Ryder explains.

"Ok. Is everything ok at the pack then." I ask concerned.

"I don't know everyone is talking all at once we are going to have to see what is happening when we get there." Ryder says speeding up to get home quicker.

As we did reach the house I see Luke and Jace standing out side waiting for us.

Ryder gets out and I follow him.

"What's going on." Ryder asks making me jump. His voice was they strong and powerful.

"You know all the rouge problems we been having." Luke says catching my attention away.

Rouges? I heard that word before.

"Yes I told you about them. Rouges are packless werewolves. They are very uncontrollable and not safe wolves to be around." Vixen explains to me.

I thank her in my head as the memories of me running though the woods with red eyes chasing after me come back.

"There is a  big group of about 100 or more Rouges right on the borderline  asking to see you." Luke says looking and pointing at me.

"They want to see me. Why?" I ask looking to Ryder.

"They asked for the fox." Jace said.

I felt my blood run cold. They were after my fox. I could feel Vixen nervously pace around in my head.

Vixen do you know what's happening. I ask trying to talk to her but getting no reply.

"They are threatening an attack if you don't go see them." Luke says "They leader of the group I guess is claiming he won't attack if Layla goes and talks with him."

"No. Not happening." Ryder says in protective Alpha Mate mood.

"Till him I am on my way." I said to the two as they run back to tell this rouge leader.

"Layla. This isn't happening. This is stupid and dangerous." Ryder complains.

"It is not dangerous. Luke and Jace said they were on the border. Meaning they can't attack me without going though the wolves at the border." I tell him.

"It also means we can't attack them." Ryder says.

"That doesn't matter if they don't attack us first. If they do they will be on pack lands and we will attack them." I say reasoning this out.

We start moving to where the Rouges are as we continued to bicker about this.

There were a lot of dirty looking people covered in dirt and torn up shirts. Some were in their wolf form with red sharp eyes.

"What is it that you want." I yell out to the man out in the middle standing one step behind the line.

"So you are the fox. Correct." He asks with a evil smile on his face.

"So? Who are you. Are you the leader of this group." I ask trying to get information.

He laughs evilly. "Oh no, no, no, I am just the Messenger for our leader." He says.

"Then what is your message." Ryder yells out holding on to me tighter.

"Awww. The poor Alpha wants to protect his mate. Who cute, but the time is running up before our leader takes her away." The man says to Ryder. He gains a loud growl from Ryder and his wolf.

"Who is your leader." I ask hoping he will tell me.

"You will just have to wait and meet him fox." The man says with venom as he said fox.

He turns away and walks into the trees with all the other rouges behind him. We don't move till all of them were out of our sight.

Ryder quickly moves to leave for the house signaling everyone to go back to what they were doing. But he leaves the posted wolves and some more wolves at the border to stand guard.

The whole way back I could tell Ryder was thinking of what to do next. Once we reached the pack house I walked upstairs to our room and Ryder went to his office. We both needed time to comprehend this all.

I laid in our room for the rest of the day filling my head with horrible thoughts.

Rouges are coming after me.

They want to attack me cause I am a fox spirit.

They want to kill Vixen.

They want to kill me.

They are attacking this pack cause of me.

I am only causing this pack danger.

Allison was right. I am not fitted to be a Luna.

Ryder could get hurt cause of me.

Does Ryder want to leave me now, cause I am a danger.

I am putting everyone that I love in danger.

I don't know what to do.

These thoughts keep going to the point I was in tears. I could feel in the small mate bond me and Ryder had he was feeling frustrated.

I could hear footsteps coming to the room. As the door opened I could feel it was Ryder but I was facing away from the door.

He walked in and sat down placing something on the bed in front of him.

He moved me to lay facing him. He wasn't shocked to see my tear stained face cause he could tell I was upset.

"Here Layla. Let's just eat dinner and then go to sleep ok." He said softly to me.

"No. I don't want anything." I said not wanting him to have to take care of me. Again.

He just sighed and said "Layla you have to eat."

I shook my head no and stared to roll back over but Ryder stopped me. He moved the plate of food off the bed to the nightstand and laid down next to me.

"I thought you were going to eat?" I asked

"I will eat when you eat." He said closing his eyes pretending to go to sleep.

I knew what he was doing. He was making me want him to eat. And it was working.

I groaned and sat up reaching over him to grab the plate of food. He sat up as well moving to grad some food and kissed my check.

"Thank you." I said eating the food He brought me. I see him wait for me to put food in my mouth before he does.

"Anything for you." He says kissing my cheek again. I then leaned and gave him a quick peek of affection to show how thankful I was for him.

I guess he doesn't hate me.

We talked about everything and nothing about what happened with the Rouges.

The only think mention about the rouge problem was that Ryder was going to call the 'Alpha King', which sounds very powerful. And see if he can help.

Sense it was getting late me and Ryder just turned in for the night and went to sleep.

Let's hope this Alpha King, Jaxson can help us.

Author's notes:

We have finally met the problem. The Rouges are after Layla. Oh no what are we going to do. *wink *wink. I know what is going to happen but you will have to continue to read to find out more. *laughs evilly.

Bye, Bye crazy people
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|