Training-46

Chapter 46
Layla's POV
Thursday

Today is the first day I try to figure out if I have any powers. 

I have no idea how I am going to find out but I just want to try. I am heading to the training field were a lot of warriors train. No one is here right now, except a few. 

I look around and look to the table were there was a lot of weapons. I didn't move to pick up any just looked. "Hello Luna." A voice cut through my thoughts.

"Hello." I look over to the man. He was the trainer here. I remember his name being Nick. He was a few years older then me but a nice guy. 

"Are you looking for something?" He asked.

"No. I was just looking. I am trying to find out somethings about my fox but I don't really now where to start." I told him. Me and Ryder decided to not tell the pack I was trying to figure out if I had powers cause that might confuse a lot of people. 

"Have you talked to your fox about it." He asked.

"A little. But I will probably need to talk more with her." I told him. "Well that's where you should start then." He told me with a nice smile.

I nodded my head and told him thank you.

He walked back to the men and women he was training and I moved to sit down a little away from the training field in this little opening. 

Ok, Vixen?

"yes"

Can you help me figure out if I have powers or not?

"There is a lot of possibilities of powers. When a fox shiftier would find out their powers it wasn't forced. It just comes in a moment and once you have summoned your powers you can train them and gain control of them." 

So there isn't much I can do?

"No, you can train yourself to be a better fighter. There was always people who couldn't find there powers in the colony but they learned to fight in human and fox form." 

I know she was trying to make me feel better about this. How am I supposed to summon my powers?

I stood up and started heading back to home thinking about this all the way. Everyone was still staying at Ryder and I's house for some reason. Victoria is helping me with the ceremony and setting everything up. Emma and Jess agreed to help me get ready. 

And Ryder has told all the alpha's/guests the date for the ceremony and when they should arrive. Our friends we made in California were excited. Especially Faith and Josh seeing as they were asking about it at the dinner we had. 

I walked into the house seeing some people in the living room and some in the kitchen. But I didn't see Ryder so I moved to his office to look for him. 

I opened the door and looked into the room seeing him and George looking at some papers. "Hey." I greeted walking into the room.

"Hey monkey, did you figure anything out?" Ryder asked. I nodded my head but my sad facial expression gave away it wasn't good. 

Ryder looked to his dad giving him the message they would talk about whatever they were talking about later. George understood and left me and Ryder. 

Ryder motioned for me to come and sit with him. I walked over and sat on his lap. My head on his shoulder and his leaned against mine. He put his hands under my shirt rubbing my back up and down. 

I sighed feeling better in his arms. "I have no control over if or when I summon my powers for the first time. Vixen said that it will just happen if I am in a moment." I explained to Ryder. He didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"Then we will just have to wait and see. I am positive they will come when you need them." He told me. He was trying to make me feel better and it was half working but I just wish I could give a little push to summon them at least.

"Hey, how about we do something?" Ryder asked. "Like what?" I questioned curious to what he would come up with.

"How about we go to the pool and we go swimming for a little bit." I smiled at him. Happy with this idea I agreed with a eager head shake. I stood up and started moving to go change upstairs excited.

"Monkey." Ryder said stopping me. "Can you pack my trunks. I will change when we get there. I just want to wrap this stuff up." 

"Ok. Where are they?" I asked not remembering where they were placed. "They are right next to your swim suit. You'll see them." He told me. 

I left the office and went to our room to change. I got dressed and put a shirt and shorts over my swim suit so I felt more covered. Ryder was right and his trunks were right were he said they were. I put them in my bag that also had my phone and towels for both of us. 

When I got downstairs I saw Ryder in the kitchen with his own bag in his hand. It had 2 bottles of water and some snacks. He moved to me smiling. "Ready to go?" He asked after giving me a peck on the cheek.

"Yep." We moved to the door and out of the house. We decide on Ryder driving and got to the pool place not long after. 

Ryder had told me on the ride over that it was a private pool place and not a lot of people would be there. 

As we walked in I saw really no one else besides the person at the desk. I walked over to the chairs and got Ryder's trunks out for him, then laid out our towels on to chairs.

"I am going to change really quickly. Be careful if you go into the pool. Ok?" He questioned. "I promise I will be careful. But we are in a pool I don't see how something will happen." I told him. 

He rolled his eyes and gave me a playful glare telling me to listen before he walked to the guy's changing room. 

I looked around the pool and saw some of the cool things they had here. They had 2 diving boards and a small slide.    

I walked over to the higher up board wanting to jump in. The pool wasn't that deep so I walked on the board and look at the water. 

But fate decided I was going to slip. I fell into the water. I didn't hit my head or anything but the water hitting me was shocking. I held my breath and pushed myself up but it was a struggle and I was losing air in my lungs fast. I haven't swam under water before. 

I felt the water around me and tries to focus on the surface of the water and getting air in my lungs. 

I felt the water underneath me push me up. I looked down seeing the bottom of the pool get farther away and looked up to see I was now out of the pool.

It took me a minute to realize what had happen. I have water powers.

I used the water underneath me to push myself up. 

I started doggy paddling like Ryder had told me to and tried catching my breath. I moved to the shallow end and sat myself on the stairs. I looked to the changing room to see Ryder walking out. 

He looked at me and could tell something had happened. "Layla? Are you ok?" He asked sitting next to me. 

My breath was still heavy but I just nodded my head and said. "I have water powers." And leaned back on the stairs slightly tired.

Author's Notes:

3
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|