Without Layla- 43 pt.1

Chapter 43
Ryder's POV
Saturday-Next Monday
(This starts right after they take Layla and Ryder is looking for her and ends with him finding her)

All the Rouges started leaving. I could feel my stomach fall as I turned to run straight back to the Pack house.

Please tell me Layla is still there.

As I reached the Pack house I saw all the broken windows and claw marks on each of the walls. I walked in seeing the same had thing been done on the inside.

But I didn't care.

I moved to the basement door when I saw Jess laying on the stairs. I moved to her quickly also mindlinking Luke to get here.

She didn't seem to have any major injuries but I knew what this meant. They didn't get to the basement in time and Layla is no where in sight.

I tried mindlinking her but got no answer. I could tell she was alive at least but I didn't know for how long the Rouges would keep her that way.

Luke ran into the house going straight to Jess. He looked over her seeing the same thing I did.

He then looked around me and I could see in his eyes he was looking for Layla.

I stood up and ran back outside trying to see if I could catch her smell but all I could smell was trashy Rouge.

I was getting frustrated. Why did I leave her knowing they were after her. I should have made sure she got to the basement before leaving at least but no. I didn't do that and now she was gone.

I stormed back into the house and ran up the stairs to the camera room hoping to at least to see what direction they went.

Luke and Jace walked in as I watched the footage. "Found anything?" Jace asked.

"No." I said blankly

"Luke." I called wanting to start a search party right away. "Set up 4 groups. One going in each direction. Jace contact my parents and....." I was trying to decide if I should tell Layla's family.

"Layla's family. Tell them what is happening and I request them to be here." I finally decided. They both nodded there head moving to leave. But I spoke again.

"Luke? How is Jess?" I ask.

"She is fine. Just asleep. The doctor said she should wake up soon." he told me making me realize how long I had actually been in here for.

They both left doing what I had asked and maybe a hour later I gave up with the footage from the cameras.

I walked down the stairs and was shocked to see my parents talking to Layla's. I froze for a second not sure if I was ready to face them.

I quietly moved to the kitchen trying not to get their attention. I got a glass of water with shaky hands. I took a sip before turning seeing Layla's brother behind me.

"Shit." I cursed as I dropped the glass to the floor. Shattering it.

I looked back up to Micheal to see his glare. I just look to the floor and start picking the glass up. Of course with shaky hands I cut my hand. But I barely felt it.

My parents came into the room probably cause of the crash. They had sad faces making everything feel more painful and frustrated. Layla's parents walked in and I couldn't look at them. It was all my fault she got taken but I am going to get her back some how.

"I was just getting something to drink. I am going back upstairs." I said moving quickly out of the kitchen only to be stopped by my father.

"You know very well we can't let you do that. You can't isolate yourself. Its only going to make thinks worse. Me and your mother will run the pack and do the searches for Layla along with her parents." He said moving me into the living room trying to get me to sit down.