Emma Meets Vix-7

Chapter 7
Layla's POV
Monday

At lunch I ended up asking Emma to come over to my place to explain to her everything.

I mean she is my best friend. I can't keep something as important as this from her.

When I was asking her to come over Jess and the boys over heard and I ended up inviting them as well.

I have no idea why but it happened.

I just asked Emma to come after school and told them to come over at a later time.

Now you might think this is all well but if my Aunt decides to come home early and catches them over it would be bad.

Once she caught Emma over and after she left she yelled at me for hours and locked me in my room.

My Aunt isn't an abusive person if I don't upset her. She has never hit me but she yells at me things that I now believe. Things about my parents and my friends.

But I never let people, especially close friends in on it.

I feel it would make them pity me and find me useless. So I keep it to myself. I know people always say that is a bad idea but it has worked for me the past years.

I jump into my car after the long school day finally ends.

I pull into my drive way with Emma close behind.

"Hey. Is the house empty or something. Your aunts car isnt here." Emma ask.

"Yeah. She is working late today." I say acting as normal as possible.

We walk into the house and I am feeling all of the sudden nervous.

I mean what if she freaks out and runs for the hills yelling MY BEST FRIEND JUST TURNED INTO A FOX. A FREAKING FOX.

But I dont get time to think about what she could possible do. "So why the heck were you late this morning and acting weird all day with Ryder." 

I try to explain. Stumbling though my words not making any sense. "Ok listen." I finally say collecting myself.

"I really want to show you something but I am worried how you would react."

Emma looks clueless. It felt like I was teaching a baby algebra.

"I don't understand." She finally says sitting down.

"Ok. I will explain everything again after I show you. Ok?" I ask receiving a head node.

"Ok but you have to promise to stay completely calm. Promise." I ask knowing Emma never breaks her promise.

"Promise." She say weary.

I noded my head and slowly started bending into my fox.

I look at her in complete fox form.

We weren't that different in high. She was of course taller then me but I expect a lot more difference.

I look to her face seeing her shocked and confused face. But she was staying calm. I never thought that would have happen. But i spoke to soon.

"OH MY GOD. HOW DID YOU JUST TURN INTO A FOX. YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE A FOX." She says really fast.

I shift back into my human form so we could talk.

"Listen. Ok. I am going to explain the best I can but I dont 100% understand myself." I tell her calming her down slightly. I mean she isn't yelling.

"Ok it happened two days ago." I say slowly. "I was driving home from a late shift at the café when I saw this fox laying on the road in the middle of the road. I went to help it but it started talking to me." I saying hearing how crazy I sound.

Looking at Emma's face I could tell she was think I was crazy too.

Emma stands up and stands in front of my putting her hands on both sides of my arms.

"Ok. I know things have been stressful for you with school and home alone alot but we can work though this." She talks to me like I am crazy.

"Emma you just saw me turn into a fox. Correct. I am not crazy."

"Maybe we both are crazy." She says frightened.

"No. Emma. We aren't. This is real. I promise. The fox started talking to me in the middle of the street telling me about a fox spirit and what they are." I continue explaining.

"A fox spirit is a spirit that can grant powers to one person. You can shift into a fox as you have seen, but I can also hear, see, smell 10 time better. I am a lot fast then anything. There are other things Vix hasn't told me about."

"Who is Vix." Emma asks.

"She is my fox. She is kind of in my head and helps me with getting used to this whole fox spirit thing. But I wanted to tell you and not lie about it. I can't tell everyone cause people would probably want to test on me or something weird." I chuckled slightly.

"This still doesnt explain the weird way you have been towards Ryder and all of them." She says. I was kind of hoping she would forget with shock.

"Well. There are some other people who are similar to me. But with a wolf." I say waiting for her reaction.

"You mean like werewolves. You are telling me werewolves are real." She says frightened. "And you invited them here."

"Yeah. Well werewolves aren't like they are shown on some shows. The have control over when they shift and live in packs and all that but there is this thing they put on top of everything." I say not wanting her to freak out the next time she sees them.

"And what might that be." Emma asks.

"They get something called a 'mate'. Vix tells me they put this one person who is like their soulmate before everything else. They only get one." I explain.

"What does this have to do with anything." Emma asks a little frustrated.

"Well I get one too. Being a shifter. And Ryder is that one person." I tell her and I see her whole face light up.

"You are each others soulmate. OMG. MY BEST FRIEND IS IN LOVE." She yells.

"Hey I never." But I was cut off by knock on the door.

I walk over to the door eying Emma and walking to the door.

I open it to see a less then happy Ryder and everyone else.

Do you think he heard Emma yell we were in love.

"I belive so." Vix answers making my heart fall.

Authors notes:

Tell me if you think that was a good idea for Layla to tell Emma.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|