Phone Conversation-13

Chapter 13
Ryder POV
Wednesday
*Verbal Abuse and a little bit of Physical Abuse*

"Layla. I am a." And my phone rang.

Are you kidding I was about to see if my mate would stay with me and my phone rings.

I take it out of my pocket checking to see if it is about the pack cause I told Luke and Jace to call me if it was important. I didn't want them mind linking me.

I look back to Layla hoping she doesn't get angry about this so I ask "Is it ok if I take this."

She nods her head and says "yeah. Who is calling."

I start answering the phone as I answer "Luke. He texted me it was important."

I felt so bad for lying but I can't go 'its about the pack of werewolves I lead, oh cause i am a werewolf.'

I started mind linking Luke cause I didn't want Layla to over hear.

"What's going on."

"One of the patrols saw a pack of rouges near where you and Layla are at."

"What? How many."

"3-5. Like normal."

"Ok I am going to get Layla home and come back. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't make a move."

"Yes Alpha."

I turned back to Layla acting as if I hung the phone up think of something to tell her.

"What's wrong." She asks putting her hand on my arm concerned.

"I have to take you home Layla. I am sorry. My Parents want me home now." I say lying though my teeth. This sucks cause I look at her seeing the hurt in her face as she could tell it was a lie.

She nodded any way and started to get up and clean the stuff we brought. I stopped her telling "I will come back and clean this all later I just want to get you home."

"Is something going on." She asks now getting suspicious of what is going on.

"No. Like I said. Just parents." I say looking anywhere but her. But when my eyes did land on her face she showed hurt, confusion, and fear.

I hated all of it.

"But what were you going to tell me." She asks wanting to know.

"I will have to tell you sometime later when we can talk but right now I am taking you home." I say staring to lead her out of the woods.

Layla's POV

We were walking to the car as I curse Luke for called Ryder cause he was so close to tell me everything.

We could be acting like mates right now if it wasn't for that stupid phone.

But once we reached the car he opened the door for me, I got in and we headed back to the place I live.

Once we did reach that house he walked me to the door and wished me a good bye. The only reason I let him do that was because Susie's car wasn't in the driveway.

"I wish this could have lasted longer. I wanted to keep you away for a little longer." He said sweetly.

"Me too. I had a lot of fun though." I said looking up to him though my eye lashes.

He was a lot closer then I thought. And it felt like we were moving closer and closer.

He was so close one movement up our lips would touch.