Dinner With My Family -24 pt 2.

Chapter 24 pt 2.
Ryder's POV
Wednesday

This is not good.

Layla is now mad because her parents suggested splitting us up. And even though she isn't used to the mating bond I know how it works. Her fox got mad at the sound of us not being together. And it cause her eyes to shift.

Now her family knows something is off. I already know her dad is skeptical of me because of the money I have and the bad explanation I gave to my job. And the how protective I am over his daughter.

I knew we would probably tell her family at some point cause Layla is going to have a bite mark on her and something that looks like a tattoo on her from me marking her. That would have needed to been explained.

But Emma and Eva are to young. There is a law that states we aren't supposed to reveal ourselves to someone under 10 years old. So I had to make them leave, and now here I am with an angry mate and her human family.

"This can all be explained." I stated calmly. "But you getting that explanation is completely up to Layla." I finish.

I see the confusion on their face. "I am not going to fill you in on a part of her life if she isn't ready or wants to have you in it." I explain.

"You were absent in Layla's life, and I know she doesn't blame you for that. But with your absence she had to be independent. You can't decide things for her." I say trying to smooth out why she got the sudden angry.

"We understand that. She is soon going to be 18 and a legal adult, but she isn't yet." Her father says worried. "I just want to make sure she isn't getting involved in things that could hurt her." And here is the judgment on me.

"If you are thinking of me some how causing her any pain you are far off. I am not apart of any gang or anything illegal." I say now knowing that's what he thinks. "And I would rather get killed then something happen to Layla." I can feel Balto get angry.

"How could he assume something like that. We would never hurt mate." He says annoyed.

"Well something is obviously going on. Why did her eyes change color. Why do you protect her so much. You act as though someone could jump out and take her away." Micheal asks. I don't know why but I always feel like he is trying to dominate over me. I know that's just wolf instinct kicking in with a new male around.

"There are things in Layla's life that again, she has to decide if we are going to tell you or not. All I can tell you is we are a lot more powerful then you think. I can tell you that this house is filled with guns and you two." I say pointing to Layla father and brother. "Are carrying guns on you. And you just cleaned them."

I know this because of the fact they just cleaned them. I can smell the metallic smell all around this place and the freshly cleaned guns have much stronger smell.

They both take the guns out of the pockets and put them on the table. "So you aren't involved with a gang you said?" Layla's father questions.

"No. I am not involved in anything illegal." I tell him. Layla is now turned back around looking at the guns. She didn't seem to be surprised seeing as she could probably smell it too, but is just confused.

"Are you involved in anything? Cause that could be a concern to Layla's safety." I said pulling the same thing they did on me.

Layla's father chuckled slightly see what I did. "And can you protect her from a gun?" He questions. I take that as a time to show dominance over them.

So I take one of the guns and bend it in half easily. Werewolf strength.

I smile slightly and said "I hope that wasn't a favorite gun of yours." And put it back down.

"Now I am going to finish this conversation off cause I feel I have given you all to much information. But when we come back from our trip we will continue this conversation and by then Layla will probably have decided what she wants to tell you." I say standing up.

Layla moves next to me as we walk to the door. We get our jackets back for the butler and we say our goodbyes to the very shocked Smiths.

Once out of the house we start heading back to the pack house. In the car Layla lays down probably tried from all the energy she put out when she got mad. I sometimes forget the fact she is still new to being a shifter.

She still is not used to putting out power and commanding a pack, but she seems so used to it. She just amazes me.

Once we arrive I pick her up and take her to out room. I laid her down and moved next to her letting her cuddle to me as she falls asleep for the night.

I ran my finger over her cheek lightly getting her to relax more when I hear her lightly say my name and ask "Do you thing my family will still want me after they find out I am different."

It broke my heart to hear her say that. She is prefect in every way to me that I can't understand how someone could not want her.

"Layla, you are amazing just the way you are. Don't worry if they can't see how great you are cause I see it, Emma, Jace, Luke, Jess they all see it. You have a whole family and pack right here for you. If your birth family is smart they will not let anything take you away from them again." I tell her bringing her closer to me.

"Thank you. For every thing." She says and I would have continued to say there was no need to say thank you but I could see Layla was struggling to stay awake. So I just let her drift off into sleep.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|