Date Night-34

Chapter 34
Layla's POV
Sunday

It was our last day here in California. Also 2 days till my birthday. Which Ryder has not stopped talking about.

It was almost like it was his birthday too.

But again it was our last day and Ryder said he wanted to go out. He said and I quote 'We have only gone out on one date. I think I need to show my girl around town.'

So I was now getting ready with the girls around me gushing about what we might get up to.

I had ask Chloe to do my makeup while the others planned my wedding.

They all thought Ryder was going to propose but I knew for a fact he wouldn't. He knows I want to be home with just each other not in public when he proposes.

But I didn't want to completely crush them.

As we finally finished I started to put things in my purse and leave cause I had 2 minutes to get down stairs in this castle.

Ryder said we were going to go some where nice and then walk around a bit, what ever that means. So I choose to wear a nice pink dress.

As I walked down the stairs to the main entrance I played with the little bow around my waist

As I walked down the stairs to the main entrance I played with the little bow around my waist. Ryder wasn't standing by the stairs but I heard talking coming from the kitchen.

I didn't want to ease drop but I didn't want to interrupt. I stood in the door way not making myself known as I heard Jaxson talk to Ryder about tonight.

"So Ryder? Carolina thinks your going to ask Layla to marry you tonight?" Jaxson said almost boyish. "And if I am honest I think so to."

I couldn't see Ryder but I know he is rolling his eyes. "No. I want to spend a nice time with her. But it probably won't be long till I do. But what about you aren't you going to ask Carolina to marry you anytime soon?" Turning the attention to Jaxson.

Jace, Luke, and Brian were standing there listening.

"Maybe. I don't want to rush anything. You guys know how fragile Carolina can be. I just don't want to over whelm her." Jaxson said.

I decided to knock and make myself known and acted like I didn't hear a thing.

The guys snapped their eyes to me. I only looked at Ryder's reaction hoping he like the dress.

His smile grow as he looked at me head to toe and back up shamelessly.

I took that time to look at him. He was in a nice button up white shirt with a Jacket around it. It wasn't a suit but still nice. He had black pants on to finish the look.

He walked up to me wrapping his arms around me. He leaned in and kissed my cheek before leaning close to me ear and whispering "You look beautiful. But that's normal."

I laughed happily as he kissed my ear quickly and moving to look at me.

"Ok, well we are off to dinner. So see you guys later." Ryder told the guys before leading me out the door.

We talked on the way to the restaurant. But as we pulled in I got a little excited to see a sea food restaurant.

Even though fancy restaurants aren't really my thing I love sea food so it makes up.

Ryder laughed at my reaction and parked the car. He did the gentlemen thing and opened my door for me, holding out his hand for me to take.

He pulled me close to him leading me to the nice restaurant.

We walked in and told the lady our reservation and she lead us to our table.

Again Ryder being a gentleman he pulled out my chair and push me in.

I go Shrimp and Fish while he got Shrimp Alfredo.

We talked and joked about our friends think we were getting engaged tonight.

Soon after our plates were empty Ryder ordered a chocolate fudge cover caked with chocolate chips all over it for us.

It was delicious. I am a big chocolate buff.

We split it even though Ryder let me have most of it. We soon got up and left off to where ever Ryder wanted to go next.

We walked out the restaurant and I started moving to the car but Ryder stopped me and moved us down the sidewalk.

I was confused at first but as I looked in front of us I saw the ocean and the waves.

I guess Ryder wanted to walk down to the beach. Classic and Romantic.

"So? Having a good night?" He asked.

I smiled up at him nodding my head. Tonight has been pretty great.

"Thank you for taking me out." I told him.

"You don't have to thank me love. I just want to make you happy." I said holding me to him.

I wish I could just stay here forever.

I lean up giving him a nice kiss. He deepened a little moving his tongue across my mouth.

I little a little gasp of air out as I moved my hands to his face as one of his hands is behind my neck and the other wrapped around my waist.

Once I pulled back needing air I met with a smiling Ryder.

We then continued walking down the ocean sided.

We couldn't stay out long cause the next day we were leaving to go home tomorrow morning.

We walked into the dark house. It was hard to see but Ryder didn't seem to have to hard time.

We walked into the room and started to get ready for bed. It was a simple night but a nice one.

I thought over it and as I fell asleep in the arms of the man I love I thought my life couldn't get better

Author's Notes:

Just another simple chapter to wrap up their trip.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|