Dinner With My Family- 24 pt 1.

Chapter 24 pt 1.
Layla's POV
Wednesday

This past few days have been the closest thing to normal I could probably get. There has been no Rouges and no threats and now today me and Ryder are having dinner at my parents home.

Me and my mom have been texting a lot and she invited us. So we could see where they lived. Mom even said to bring Ryder which made me happy.

I was hoping that they wouldn't be upset if Ryder came with me. It would be very hard to go to a unfamiliar place without him. And I know he would be on edge as well.

So now after school Ryder is driving us to their home using the address my mom gave me.

The house they owned was huge. Not as big as Ryder's but way bigger then what I thought they would live in.

Once we pulled up a man I didn't know greeted us and open the door for us. Once inside the man took our coats saying "My name is RuthBert. I am the butler of Miss and Mister Smith."

He had a very strong British accent. And the house for some reason smelled like metallic.

"Hello. I am Ryder Strong and this is Emma Snow." Ryder said. The last name Snow came out of my imagination. All Susie ever told me about my last name was that it started with a S, so I made my last name Snow.

"I will alert the Smiths of your presence." RuthBert said but before walking completely off he turned back to us and said "Make yourselves comfortable in the living room over there." Pointing to a big room.

This room was obviously the living room with 3 couches one facing the tv and the two others on the sides of the one facing each other.

Me and Ryder walked to the couch that was facing the other. Soon walked in my parents. My father wearing a suit and tie and my mother in a nice blouse and black jeans.

"Hello kids. I hope you found this place easily." My mother started walking up to us.

We stood up and hugged her lightly.

"Not bad at all." I said with a small smile. "I didn't except a mansion if I am being honest."

"Yes, I guess we did forget to mention that." My father said jokingly. He shook Ryder's hand and gave me a nice hug.

"Micheal and the girls are already in the dinning room." My mother informed us moving towards the dinning room.

We follow behind them to enter a lavish room with a nice sized table and a chandler over it.

There was two opened seats for me and Ryder. We were spread out to fit the table that could probably fit 16 people. No one sat at the ends of the tables so that helped fill the space.

"I hope you all had a good day at school." My mother asked happily seeing as all of use were still in school minus her and my father. We all nodded our heads yes.

Our food was placed infront of us. I nodded my head to the lady who served us. This was weird to have servants. How did they have all this money?

Everyone started on their meal. And in the corner of my eye I saw Ryder make sure I ate before he did. Thats got to be a wolf thing but I thought it was really adorable.

Emma one of the twins perks up. "Mommy, Daddy I got a 100 of a spelling test today!" She said excitedly.

"That's great sweetheart." My father congrats Emma. "What did you get on the test Eva." He asked softly.

"I got a 96." She said still happily

"That great baby." My mom smiled.

"What school do you go to." Eva asked me.

"I go to a high school called Rockfair. Kind of a weird name for a high school don't you think." I said to the little girl making her laugh.

"I was wondering." My mother said turning my attention to her. "If you two were free next week?" She asks.

I feel bad for saying "Actually me and Ryder are going to be gone to California for 3 weeks."

I see the instant shock in their faces of just hearing about this. "Why are you going to California." My Dad asks.

Ryder jumps in saying "It is a old family friend of mine's birthday and every year he plans this big get together."

"So why don't you go and leave Layla here. She can stay with us while you and your family travel." My mother says.

Neither me or Ryder liked the sound of that. If I stayed that would be a prefect time for the Rouges to attack with no Alpha. And it would be disrespectful to the Alpha King. I also just don't want to be away from Ryder for 3 weeks.

"No." Ryder says with out a hesitation. He takes a pause to calm himself from the idea of being separated. "We have already planned for this trip."

"You didn't even think to ask us." My Dad says making me angry.

I felt this rush of energy run though me as I say "You weren't around to ask." That made everyone quite down.

"I am going. I will be back in 3 weeks." I say in my Luna tone on accident.

Ryder looked at me surprise and then saw something that seemed to explain to him what was going on. "Layla, your eyes." He tells me.

I freaked and turned around realizing that I was getting to angry and the color was now shifting in my eyes.

"What is going on." My Dad asks. More like commands to know.

"Please remove Emma and Eva from the room." Ryder says speaking in business tone.

Well this dinner didnt last long.

"Wh-" Micheal almost asks till I cut him off saying "Just do it." In an angry tone struggling to calm down.

I felt Ryder bring his hand to my arm to help me, sensing I was struggling.

I hear Emma and Eva move out of the room quietly before Ryder says. "This all can be explained."
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|