WHAT-18

Chapter 18
Layla's POV
Thursday

Preview

"Your name is Layla?" The woman asks almost breathless.

"Yes, what's it to you." I ask standing up straight.

She looks over to the man and asked "Do you think."

He nodded his head and looked at me closer. He had sadness wrapped around his face and drilled into his eyes.

I naturally moved closer to Ryder feeling better near him.

"Um Layla, if you don't mind I would like to speak with you. You can finish your packing and Ryder can stay with you if you wish, but I would like to tell you something." He said looking all around my face like taking in every detail.

"Sure, but I need to finish first." I said and continued going through clothes. "You can sit in the living room and wait."

And that's what they did. It took me and Ryder 30 mins to pack everything and get it either in my truck or his car. He contacted someone to come and grab his car and take it to the house already so we would just have to drive the truck.

Once we walked into the living room and sat down. Me in the rocking chair, Ryder in a seat from the dinning room next to me, and the woman and man on the couch looking at us.

"Um. Firstly I just wanted to ask you a few things Layla if you don't mind. You don't have to answer anything you don't want to." The woman says softly making me want to answer everything anyway.

I nodded my head for her to continue. Ryder moved his hand on mine naturally.

"I would first like to ask who he is to you." She asked curious looking to Ryders hand.

"Oh Ryder. Yeah. He is my boyfriend. He is actually like my lifesaver right now honestly." I said looking to him making him smile. "Anything for you." He says tilling his head to me.

"Ok. Why are you moving in with him. Aren't you still in school and his parents are ok with this." The man asked agitated.

"Well. Yes I am still in school and plan to continue to go. His parents agreed to let me stay there with them cause I need a place and Ryder didn't want me far. And it isn't really your place to question why." I said letting my dominance show a little.

I could hear Ryder practically purr next to me at my reaction. The 2 didn't notice thankfully.

"Your right. That's not our place." The woman said scolding her husband for acting that way. "But where are your parents."

And even though I know that question wasn't meant to be hurtful I felt like my heart was being run over by a bus

I looked to Ryder for help "Her parents aren't in the picture ok. We don't know anything about them. And I would like you not to bring them up again."

I thanked Ryder mental as I turned back to the couple looked sad. "You said you had something to tell me." I reminded them.

They looked to each other once more as the man started. "Well our names are Lucas and Samantha Smith, it started with us about to have our 2nd child. It was a little girl and we invited our whole family on both sides to meet our new baby girl but there was an accident at the hospital and someone ended up stealing our little baby away from us. We have been searching for her for 18 years almost." Lucas said to us.

"And Layla. You're that little baby. And we are your parents." Samantha or should I say my mom said. I felt my mind go blank.

"Wait your parents have been looking for you all these years" Vixen says excited.

Who stole me away though. How come they haven't been able to find me yet. Why would someone take me away.

"I don't know Layla but your parents are here and they want you. They have been searching for you." Vixen tell me knocking me into reality.

I could feel tears in my eyes as I look to Ryder. He put his hand on my face and whispered "Hey, Don't cry. This is happy moment." He wiped the one tear that had fallen and moved my face to look at my parents.

They had worry looks, probably stressed about my reaction.

I stood up and moved to the woman, Samantha who is my mother. I never thought in my whole life I would have a face to the name mom. And it was either that single though or the want to finally find out what it felt like to hug your mother, I hugged her. I hugged her and let my emotions go for a little.

She hugged me back tighter and let me go to go to my father. I hugged him just as tight.

I don't even know for sure if these people are my parents but I don't care. I got a glimpse at what it feels like if it is false.

"I can't believe this. I can't believe this Ryder." I said moving from my Parents standing up all the way.

"I know, I know. Just breathe. Don't over work yourself. We had a long day at school." He joked.

I just jumped into his arms and hugged him.

"I can't believe this" I say one more time. "I can now say I have met my parents. I mean now I have a family more then just Susie." I say to them.

Ryder just is feeling my happiness through the bond making him laugh and smile.

"So you are happy to see us." My dad says. MY DAD.

"Yes. 100%. I am so happy. I get to tell you guys everything. I mean everything. Like how I met Ryder. And everything about school. And my best friend Emma and all my other friends." This is great. I rambled on.

I mean think about living your whole life with out tell your parents anything.

"Well how about we do this. We give you our number and we met at a restaurant and talk. You can bring anyone you like and maybe you will get to met you brother and sisters too." My Mom asks.

"I HAVE SIBLINGS." I scream. I am about to cry. I have a brother and sisters. WHAT.

"Yep. You have a older brother and two twin sister. With another one on his/her way." My Dad says smiling at my Mom.

I fall to the ground and scream. "MY MOM IS PREGNANT WITH A BABY. AHHHH. Ryder help I can't breathe." He laughs and lifts me off the ground and puts me back on the rocking chair.

"Better?" He asks with a smile.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|