Getting Ready- 11

Chapter 11
Layla's POV
Wednesday

I woke up much happier today.

I couldn't remember why today was going to go so well till I got to school and saw Ryder.

Today was our date.

Then the nerves hit. I told Emma and Jess and the told me they were going to come over after school and help me get ready.

At first I just ask Emma over and Jess said she couldn't come then Luke just jumped in the conversation and said she was going to go.

It was weird but now both my girlfriends are coming to help me and I need it.

I have no idea what I am going to wear or makeup to put on.

I kind of hope we aren't going to some fancy restaurant. I want our first date to be something cute.

Emma said Ryder told her and Jess where he was taking me so they know what to put on me.

God I am going to Emma and Jess personally life size Barbie. This should be fun.

~After school at Layla's house~

"Are you excited." Jess asked me flopping down on my bed.

"Yeah. But I am really nervous. Like what if we are talking and I say something so stupid. Or I trip and fall on my butt. I am so going to embarrass myself." I rambled.

"Breath. Layla. Breath." Emma said moving in front of my placing both of her hands on my shoulders.

Jess starts giggling and says "Don't worry. Ryder is probably back at the house saying the same thing to the boys and anyone else home to hear him."

That caught my attention. They all live together?

"Wait do you and the boys all live together." Emma says my thoughts.

"Umm. No. No way. Why would we live together. I meant who ever is at Ryder's house." Jess says fast trying to cover her mistake.

"Come on Emma. Why would they live together. I am sure someone's parents would not like that." I say helping Jess.

Jess and the boys don't know that me and Emma know about werewolves. And I want it to stay that why till I tell Ryder cause them knowing we know leads to me being exposed as a fox spirit.

And I know Ryder is my mate but I have to make sure I am safe with my secret before I tell it. 

"Even though I want to be with mate. You are right. We need to know 100% that I can trust him before we tell him." Vix agreed which surprised me. 

"Layla. Earth to Layla." Emma waves her in-front of my face laughing.

"Yeah what." I say trying to snap back into the conversation without acting weird. Let's say it was a fail.

"I asked if you had any idea of what you were going to wear." Jess says look at me suspicious.

I shook my head no and said "I have no idea. You guys can look though my closet and find things that you think will be good."

"Ok. Let's jump into the cave you call a closet." Emma says.

She has always thought that my closet was to dark and messy. Just like the rest of my house.

They went thought top to bottom of my closet finding things they wanted to see me put on.

After about 20 minutes of scavenging as Emma called it I started putting clothes on as they rated it.

We finally nailed it down to the outfit that we all loved, but I had to take it off so they could work on my makeup with out messing any of the clothing.

As they did my makeup that I barely use we chatted. It felt like the three of us have been best friends for years. I was happy to have Emma and Jess now as girlfriends.

I mean without them I would have looked a mess for this date.

"Hey Layla, What is your favorite animal?" Jess asked me. We were going back and forth asking simple questions like favorite color.

"A fox." I said without thinking.

Emma stared at my shocked that I said that. She knows that I am trying to keep Vix on the down low.

"Really?" Jess asked looking just as shocked as Emma.

Did I slip up.

Nobody got a long time to think about what happened because the front boor bell rang.

I thank Ryder for saving me mentally as I walk down the stairs to the door.

On the way out I grabbed my purse that I put together while waiting for him.

Once I reached the door I opened it showing me a handsome Ryder.

"He cleans up nice." Vixen says happy.

"Hi." I said barely over a whisper looking at this dirty blonde hair boy with a button up white shirt holding him just right. And nice black jean pants.

"Hi." He says back with a smile look at my up and down. Seeing me in my white dress with small red roses and leather jacket that I have had forever it feels like.

"You look beautiful." He says moving forward putting a hand on my side.

I had almost forgot that Emma and Jess were here till I hear giggling behind me.

I turned around to look at them which my them stand up straight and head for the door leaving with a quick goodbye.

"So. Are you ready to start are date." He smiles down to me.

"Yes. Let's get going." I said walking out of the door. No I didn't lock it because I don't know what condition my Aunt Susie will be when she gets home.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|