Arriving-27

Chapter 27
Layla's POV
Sunday

The first thing I noticed in California was it was a lot warmer then North Carolina. We were still in winter like weather and it felt like spring here.

We walked through the airport hand in hand, gathered our luggage and met with the guy who was going to bring us to the castle like masion that the Alpha king personal lived in.

Apparently he has a Royale house for pack members, a guest house for visitors, and a personal house for him, his mate, and close friends.

And sense Ryder and Jaxson had grown up together we fall under the close friends category.

Once reaching the masion I realized that I couldn't even call it a mansion like castle cause it was just a castle.

Two people stood outside the door. One big man who I am guess is the Alpha king, Jaxson and a pretty red haired girl next to him who I guess is his mate. I haven't got her name yet.

Ryder hops out and opens the door for me before walking up to the big man greeting him with one of those bro hugs.

"Hey man, its nice to see you again." Ryder tells him.

"Definitely. And this must be your lovely mate you have told me." He says turning to me.

He is a lot friendlier then I thought he would be because as I handed him my hand to shake he turned it and kissed the top of it. It was like one of those movies.

"Layla." I tell him as he lets my hand go. Ryder didn't seem to upset about him kissing my hand so I guess it is a normal thing.

"And we haven't caught your mates name yet." I asked him smiling to the girl.

"Carolina, you have met Alpha Strong once before and this is soon to be Luna Strong." Jaxson introduced us.

I we shook her hand and bowed our heads a bit like Ryder had told me to do to them sense they are King and Queen.

"Are you guys engaged? Jaxson said that you just met." She asks. She sounds like a sweet and innocent person.

I smile a little and explain. "No we aren't but it is just easier to go ahead and take his last name." I look to Ryder who is smiling at me and adds "It also just sounds nice."

We laugh lightly at his joke when Jaxson invited us into his house. As we walked in he turned to me and said "You can just refor to me as Jaxson if you like." I nodded and said thank you.

"We haven't had any other guests here yet but tomorrow another Alpha and Luna who are very close friends will be arriving." Jaxson tells us.

I have noticed Jaxson does most of the talking and Carolina is a little quieter. I mean Ryder did tell me she didn't come from a great place like I did.

"That sounds alright. Who is coming?" Ryder asks.

"Alpha Brian Lee and his mate Luna Chloe Lee." Jaxson tells us.

Ryder seems to know them cause a small smile appears on his face before he says "I haven't seen them in a while. I am sure you will like them Layla. Chloe is always the life of the party."

I smile at the thought of getting to meet people.

"Yeah that's what I am a little worried about." Jaxson jokes. "They are staying here as well. It will just be them cause their Betas and Thirds are having to stay back. Which reminds me, are your Betas and Third coming?" Jaxson asks.

"Yes they are and my Third has also found his mate. She is a nice Human girl named Emma. She is also good friends with Layla before we found them." Ryder tell Jaxson.

"Good I am happy to hear people are finding their mates." Jaxson nods.

"Umm. How about I get Linda to show you where your room is so you can get unpacked. Your luggage is already in there." Jaxson told us.

"Ok. But I was wondering if you had the information for us." I ask cause I am anxious to know more about what I am and why the Rouges want me.

Jaxson nods saying "We will talk about it tomorrow. I hope Brian can join. I think he could help if needed."

"Yes that would be good." Ryder nods and raps his arm around my waists starting to follow the older lady name Linda.

The room we got was really nice and had a great view of the woods. It was one on the third floors of this house. Yes this house, sorry castle has 4 floors.

Linda turns to the door but stops to say "You can use the phone to call if you need anything. Your room will be clean while you are out and dinner will be served in 2 hours."

We nodded understanding. It felt like we were in a hotel. It was nicer then some hotels.

I fell back on the bed getting comfortable while Ryder hung up some of his shirts in the closet.

I looked over to him happy. This felt like a vacation. A needed vacation. No worrying about Rouges for 3 weeks. This is nice.

"What are you so happy about?" Ryder asks lightly moving to the bed and leaning over me looking down to me.

"It is just I am relaxing for the first time in a week. Just think no Rouges can get here. We are like in a fortress." I said laughing.

Ryder's smile grows as he watched me laugh. He leaned down kissing me. It was a nice kiss it was one of the longer kisses too. I felt my self push up to him deepening the kiss. Ryder pulled back still smiling looking at my out of breath state.

"Come on we have to get ready for dinner." He says after a few minutes lifting me up. We both took seperate showers and changed into nice clothes instead of the comfortable clothes we were wearing during the plane ride.

The dinner was nice for just 4 people. We had a nice conversation with Jaxson and Carolina.

I sat next to Carolina. And Ryder was in front of me next to Jaxson who was in front of Carolina.

I got to have a good conversation with just her when the boys trailed off and started talking about pack news and new strategies.

We talked about girl stuff mostly cause even though I don't show it much I love shopping. We even planned to go shopping with the other girls being Jess, Emma, and Chloe when they get here.

I could tell by the end of the night me and her were good friends. And I could see Jaxson and Ryder were definitely happy with their mates being friends.

As we walked up the stairs to our room for the night we talked about some of the stuff we will have to do while we were here but I felt like today was a really good first day. I hope tomorrow we get the information we need.

Author's Notes:

A nice little introduction chapter for Carolina. In the future I plan to write a separate story with them. How do you guys like that?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|