Freed-41

Chapter 41
Layla's POV
Unknown

When I woke again I felt horrible.

I still had my headache but it had a new kick to it. I could barely stand without seeing dots over my vision.

I looked around on the floor to see I was back in my cell. But this time with two guards in front of my door. 

It was dark but not as dark as before because now the hallway lights were on and there were two guards standing at my cell door.

I pushed myself into a sitting position and pushed myself against the wall wishing for the aching feeling to go away.

Not only did the poison that Theo put in me, Fox Off hurt, but Vixen won't speak to me, and the thought of Ryder and the pack made everything 10 times more painful.

Did Theo's wolves really leave or did they go back?

Is everyone safe? Did they get hurt during the first fight?

Did Ryder get hurt?

Is he looking for me??

With no one here to stop my thinking I fell into the hole of bad thought.

It could have been hours or even minutes before I was knocked out of my head and back into the real world.

"Switch." The new guard said.

It was the first time I saw the faces of my guards. And it shocked me how young they were.

They could be no older then 16. Why are they guarding in a prison cell?

I looked at the new coming guards. Same stance, same unreadable face that gave away no emotion, and close to same age.

The boys switch off weapons in their belt and handed the keys over.

The two new guards took their place and the other guards walked up the stairs without another word.

"How old are you?" I asked the guards. They didn't even blink at my voice.

"I was just wondering cause you both look really young." I said but still no answer.

I could tell they were trained not to talk and I don't want to get them in trouble so I stop.

Soon someone came in and gave me something to eat that look barely eatable.

It was later in the day when the door opened again and someone walked down the stairs. I didn't really look to see who it was thinking it was just another guards switch.

"Switch." The boy said.

"Where is your partner?" The other guard asked. I looked over to see what was going on.

It was the boy from the woods. Thomas. He was switching into the guard position.

"Nick sent just me. He said it is time for your training and that the Fox wouldn't be any trouble." Thomas said.

The two other guards looked at each other before Thomas continued. "You better hurry. Someone already pissed off Nick and he isn't taking any late people." The two boys switched.

The guards walked up the stairs leaving Thomas alone.

"Thomas!" I said excited to see someone I know. "Hi Luna. Are you ok?" He said looking at me.

"Yes i'm fine Thomas. I need you to go to the pack and tell Ryder where I am." I told him but he shock his head.

"I can't do that Luna. I am getting you out of here. I'm not supposed to be here and Theo is going to notice when he seeing the guards in training instead of being here." He said starting to unlock the door.

"But how are we supposed to get out of here?" I asked. I knew nothing about the layout of this place or where everyone was.

"There is a boor right in front of the basement door that leads to the side of the house. If you run you can make it into the woods and run to your pack." He said.

"Your coming with me Thomas. You could get killed for staying here with Theo." I said.

"But I'm not in the pack. I can't come on the Alpha's land. He doesn't like me remember." I could tell Thomas wanted to be in a pack. He didn't want to be apart of this.

"Thomas." I said making him look at me. "If you come with me I promise Ryder will let you into the pack. You helped the Luna everyone will accept you there I promise."

He nodded his head and we both moved up the stairs slowly.

"We are going to make a run for it into the woods then I am going to shift and you get on my back. I will be the fastest way to get out of here." I told him the plan.

"Yes Luna." He said nodding his head.

He opened the door slowly looking around before he opened it all the way for me. We moved quickly to the other door leading outside and opened it.

It was bright outside. It took my eyes a minute but we still ran into the woods.

I shifted quickly and Thomas go on and I bolted. In the background I could hear Rouges yelling about my escape but I was already to ahead of them.

I was free and it felt amazing.

I could feel Vixen in me again. Shifting much of help wear off the Fox Off. And I heard her speak for the first time in awhile.

"I'm sorry Layla. I should have shown you what happened but I was scared to see it all again." Her voice was shaken as she spoke.

"It's ok Vix, but I need to know what is going on." I told her.

"I promise I will show you. Once we reach the pack boarder." She said, emphasizing the word show. I was confused about what she was going to show me.

It was a while till we reached the pack. I felt a wave of relief as we pasted the boarder.

But the relief didn't last long cause soon I fell into blackness again. This time not because of getting hit into head or a painful poison, but because of what Vixen wanted to show me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|