2- OMG... he's here

"OMG... Is he seriously there?" she asked in a shaky voice as I watched the door carefully. I silently hoped it would hold up against his violent banging. These mobile homes are just not as strong as regular houses.

I risk looking out the window next to the door, only to notice that it wasn't just Jesse standing there on my porch. He had two of his friends with him, Ruben and Curtis were both standing there one on either side of him.

Knock...

KNOCK...

"Oh come on Makena, I'm just here to apologize to you." He growls towards the door, I bite my lip trying to keep quiet. "Stop being so dramatic, it was only a Joke! I would never physically hurt you!" I roll my eyes up to the ceiling, like hell he'd not hurt me. I didn't believe him a little bit. "Really? I heard you lock your bolt, so I know you're in there.

Knock...

" Don't open that door! He has no right to be there, not after he threatened your life like that!" I hear Trinity say on the phone.

"Oh, trust me I won't open that door, but if he knocks it down I might not be able to ignore him, you know." I whispered, so he wouldn't hear me speak.

"My mom's calling the police..." She says.

"Okay." My stomach dropped; I felt a sense of dread as I continued to listen to him yell at me and bang on the door.

"So, what did the police say?" I inquired.

"They're finding an officer to respond, apparently there's a threat at one of the schools. So it might take some time." I hold my breath, listening to his insistent yelling into my door. "Do you want me to come down the hill to make them leave you alone?" she asks. "I can be there in ten!" she exclaims.

"No, it's okay. With Ruben being here it's probably not a good idea, you heard what he said over the phone. I am hoping they will give up soon." I shake my nerves away, as I peek out the window again. When I notice that Rubens glance moves and he turns towards the window, locking his eyes with mine. I quickly replace the curtain hoping he doesn't say or do anything.

"Shit!" I whisper.

"Hey Jesse, she's in there! I just caught her glancing out the window just now!" I hear a light tap on the window as he told Jesse where I was. I moved to look out the peephole again. My body starting to tremble as I prepared myself to do something about my predicament.

"What? What's wrong?" She sounded really concerned.

"Oh, Ruben just caught me looking out the window! Now he really knows I'm here." I stand against the door, listening to them whisper. It was as if they didn't want me to hear what they were saying.

BANG...

BANG...

"Oh my God, Makena!" He growls at me, showing the frustration he was experiencing. "All I want to do is apologize. That's all I'm here for."

Breathing in deeply, "So say it, and then go!" I yell through the closed door.

"I will, but I want to tell you face to face! Please answer the door; I'm not here to hurt you!" He sounded so sure of himself, trying to order me around like that. It was just not going to happen, not this way.

"What! I'm not going to open this door, Jesse! You should just go!" I yell out again raising my voice loud enough for it to penetrate the closed and locked door.

BANG...

Knock...

I could hear as he continues to bang and knock on the door some more, saying how I was being so unfair to him. He kept trying to tell me that I should let him apologize to me. But there was no way in hell I was going to open that door, I had overheard a rumor about him that gave me the chills. It was about him trying to force himself on some girl when she had gone out with him to a party. Whether it was true or not didn't matter, I wasn't going to give him the chance to do anything to me! Not with three of them standing on my front porch.