38- Statements

Jesse's POV

Oh, my God, my wife is amazing. Amazing. I never would have believed she would come to me willingly like that. I just made passionate love to my wonderful wife three times, and I want to do it many more times. Because she is just so fucking perfect, but I can't because I know we have to go into the police station and give them our statements. But first, I feel like I need to find out if they did anything to her while she was with them. I watch as she pulls on jeans and a white chiffon blouse. OMG, she looked stunning and she was mine. "Makena, I need to know. Did Marcel do anything to you while you were there?" I watched carefully as she jerked her head up, looking over at me with concern.

"No, he didn't hurt me, he just scared me. He actually warned one of his guys not to touch me." She says carefully and I try to hold back my irritation, clenching my jaw shut before I let out a low growl.

"How did he scare you?" I ask.

"Oh, he kind of pulled a gun out on me and held it against my temple because I was fighting him, and he wanted one of his guys to tie me up," she exclaims, I close my fists even closer to my sides.

"WHAT?" I yell out. I hadn't meant to take out my frustrations on her. But what she just told me made me want to punch the guy in the face. I felt so much worse when I saw her take a step back away from me as I punched the wall beside me. "He what?" I asked again more calmly.

She studied me, probably trying to gauge my next move before responding to me. "He put a gun to my head right before he called you Jesse. He put the phone on speaker, so I could hear what you were saying, I don't know why."

"I can tell you why..." I paused to look at her for a few moments, before letting out a long sigh. "he was hoping I would say something that would make you think I didn't love you as much as I'd been claiming. Makena, he has been trying to force me into joining his damn Gang for a few weeks now. But because of you, I have tried really hard to stay out from under the cop's radar, and joining his gang would put me right in the middle of it." She stared blankly at me, as though she was trying to decide if I was telling the truth or not. I didn't like this, or any of it. I was scared they would hurt her. How do I tell her that? How do I tell the person I love most that their life is in danger? "You are everything to me, Makena. If I lose you, I don't know what I would do, because that is unthinkable for me right now!"

She lowered her head as if she were ashamed of something. I wanted to comfort her, to make things better for her, to make her smile. I loved it so much when she smiled. "Jesse... I am here and I don't plan on leaving! I am honestly trying to give you this chance, otherwise, I would have run from the wedding. However, you are now officially my husband. I am putting all of my efforts into this marriage because it is better to make things work here. I can see that you obviously care about me, that you'll do anything to keep me safe and yours." she spoke almost like a whisper, and let out a long sigh when she was done.

It was impossible not to smile when I saw her face. "Makena... I am very happy to hear that! I absolutely love you, I love everything that you are. You have always been my girl, even when you didn't realize it. But I need to tell you something, something that might scare you more than it scares me."

"What?"

"It's Marcel, he issued a threat against you, and it's all my fault. Because I set him up and got him arrested he swore to me he would to kill you! However, I can promise you right now I will not allow him to even get close to you. I will defend you with my life if it comes to it" I swore to her, I hated all of this.

"Jesse isn't he in jail? He couldn't find me, could he?" she asks me and a tear slides down her beautiful face as I swear out.

"I am sorry to have to tell you this my love, but there is a way he could do it from inside the prison. His reach in the world is vast. I just need you to be careful and alert as you go about your daily activities, I will do everything I can to protect you for as long as it takes!" I close the space between us, grabbing her wrist and pulling her frantically into my chest and wrapping my arms around her waist breathing in her delightful rosy scent. She is my trophy and I won't let anything happen to her. She's my life... and because of her, I'm going to live my Happily Ever After. She's already starting to feel something for me, otherwise she wouldn't have slept with me like that.