12- Chains, really?

Makena's POV

"Okay, so follow my rules and you might even earn to get the chain removed. Do you want to be treated like my queen, love?" he asks.

"I really wish you would stop calling me that!"

"And I told you to get used to it, now answer my question!" He growls, raising one eyebrow and narrowing his eyes.

"Okay, we all want to be treated like queens, Jesse," I exclaim, folding my arms across my chest.

"Good girl, " I roll my eyes at him. I could see the anger building in his eyes. I gulped as he growled in retaliation for my eye roll. He took a few deep breaths, calming his nerves. "The sooner you realize that you are here to stay, the better, because you belong to me now, Makena! If you try to escape, I will be forced to make you pay for it."

He stands up and walks slowly over to me, where he bends down and grabbing my wrist pulls me up into his chest. I try to keep some space between us as I place my hands on his chest. He gently forces my chin up, so that I am staring into his dark brown eyes. "Now please take note of what I'm going to tell you right now... I will not enjoy punishing you. Please refrain from making me do it out of spite. I do not want to hurt you, I will not like it one bit!"

"Fine, tell me the rules?" I say pulling away from him; he immediately changed his stance and I knew he was upset.

"The rules are very simple:
1-You must be dressed appropriately at all times. I have stocked your wardrobe with everything you will need!
2-Dinner will be in your best dress, I have supplied plenty of evening gowns for this! There should be plenty of heels and jewelry as well!
3-In your room, I have stocked shelves with books I think you'd like; once you have read them, you can borrow any from here. However, you are not to use personal electronic devices until I trust you.
4-Should I ever request your presence, and say you're no longer locked up or chained you are to report to my side within five minutes time no later!
5-There will be absolutely no back talking with me. No matter what you tell these guys, you will have to follow my instructions!
6-You may not ever lie to me. If you do and I find out, you will be punished. I do not tolerate lying!
And last but not least 7- You are not allowed in their room, without my permission! If you violate any of my rules, it will be followed by the consequence I choose. Now, do you have any questions, my love?"

"No!" I said furiously. How dare he expect me to follow his rules.

"So you understand his rules?" Ruben asks, raising his voice.

Rolling my eyes at him, "Yes!"

I decided to keep my answers brief, it was the best way to hide my anger about it all. I didn't want to offend him right now, he told me he would punish me if I got out of line!

***************

Several hours later...

Back in my room, I sit at the window and stare out into the darkness. It seems almost too dark, but that alone told me that I was far from the city. Just Perfect!

Thinking back to what had just happened to me, I realized my day was full of confusion. What was I to do now? Do I play along with his game, or try to get away from him? I actually was leaning towards the latter of the two options because I did not want to be here too long with him. Afterward, I swore to myself I would escape, that I would run as far as I could. He had something to learn from this, he can't force things!

I hear a light tap on the door, and turn towards it in enough time to see Curtis popping his face inside."Hey, don't let what happened earlier scare you away from getting with him. I just want my girl, and I'm upset about something completely out of everyone's control. I'm still searching for my girl, she is hiding from me."