35- Kidnapped a second time

Jesse's POV

I immediately felt the need to protect what was mine when I realized Charlie had made an appearance tonight. I told her I was indeed taken, that I wasn't available when she tried to seduce me a few weeks ago at the club. She took one look at me and fell in love, and this woman did not take no for an answer. She told me that I'd be hers in the end, but I'd doubted it from the beginning because I had Makena in my room at home at the time. That was something she didn't know; however, when I told her I was engaged and going to be getting married she issued a threat. She said that in the end I would be hers and Makena would be dead in the ground. I laughed, she could threaten me all she wants, but she would never get to Makena! I wasn't so easily convinced, she'd find out soon enough.

"Can we talk?" she asked, looking me straight in the eyes. I told her yes, then told her would be right with her as I had to figure out what to do with my love, I had to protect her. I looked everywhere for Ruben, but I was unable to find him. Letting out a low growl, I noticed Jake and started walking Makena towards him. "Jake, I need you to keep Makena company while I deal with a problem that's come up. I don't trust her to be alone, so stay with her will you?"

"Uh, yeah sure," he says in confusion, I give Maken a soft kiss on the forehead before I turn around and head back to Charlie. I knew she meant business after all she has been threatening mine for a long time trying to get me to give in to her demands. I silently hoped I left her in good hands since I knew he was a cop.

"What are you doing Charlie? I didn't invite you to this!" I growled at her, she was pissing me off by showing up to this uninvited.

"Oh Jess, I'm hurt! You didn't think I was going to miss this, did you? The chance to meet your little whore, you do realize she's just keeping your bed warm until I can fill it right?" She says through a chuckle of her own, I hated that she was playing with me.

"You need to stop this Charlie, I've told you time and time again that I'm not interested in you or your gang!" I clenched my fists at my sides as I tried to keep my temper under control, this was the last place to lose it right now. I took a long deep breath as she drew closer and that look in her eye as she runs her fingers across my chest caught my attention. I grabbed her wrist hard to prevent her from going under my shirt; I was not hers to do as she pleases. No, I belonged to Makena, and she would be the only girl to ever see or feel my muscles again.

"But that wasn't what you were saying when you kissed me the other night," she smiles seductively at me, and I roll my eyes at her.

"That night I got into a fight with Makena and was extremely pissed at her. I never should have kissed you that way. I am now a married man, Charlie, and I do not plan on cheating on my wife with you or anyone else. You must leave now, or I will have to call your Dad and let him know what you are doing here." I growled, I hated using him as a threat. But I knew that was the only way she would ever leave me alone. She gasped, looking hurt and shocked.

"You would use him in that way, wouldn't you?" she asks.

"Yes, because he knows how I feel about Makena. You only want me because I am the only man you want and can't seem to have. Get over it and move on! I am off the market officially!" I muttered quickly before walking off to find my wife. I was worried about her safety.

***************

Makena's POV

I watched as he walked away from me after kissing me on the forehead, and I wondered what was wrong; he was acting strange. Things didn't feel right here, usually, he would have left me standing alone but tonight he made sure I was with someone he trusted, Jake of all people. "What was that about?" Jake asks me as he watches me carefully.