41- My Disappearing act

Makena's POV

Shortly after Jake and his captain arrived at our house and began asking questions, we got the call that Suri had gone into labor. Currently, I am sitting in his cruiser, siren blazing, lights on, speeding towards the hospital. I was going to take care of Bree for them while she gave birth. I was curious about how things were going to turn out, so I agreed to be there for them so I could be there for my best friend. "Jake! This is so exciting!" I exclaim as I watch him speed by.

"I can't wait to meet him." he sounded so excited.

"Jake what are you going to do now since I am not pressing charges against him. Will he be able to come home to me?" I asked, curious as to what would happen now that the truth had been revealed.

"To tell you the truth here Kena, I don't know. We have his testimony as well as Sarah's. I even wrote down all of your answers saying he did it, so I really can't answer you right now. He growls out as he dodges yet another car, trying to get to the hospital in time.

"Can he be bailed out?" I ask.

He glances quickly at me, "I don't know that either, sorry Kena." He replied, turning his head back to the road in front of us. I felt so bad, my husband was locked up right now and I was free. I was heading towards the hospital to be there for my best friend as she gives birth to her baby boy today!

I was concerned that if he got bailed out and got home to find me gone, he might worry about me and my safety so I grabbed my phone from my purse and texted him. 

Telling him that if he went free on bail, I was heading to the hospital to be with Suri and watch little Bree for her. I knew he wouldn't get the message right away, but he would get it when he got his phone back. I knew all the belongings he had were taken away. As I break through my thoughts I hear Jake as he asks me a question... "Are you sure you can watch Bree for us in the waiting room?"

"Yes Jake, we will be fine Bree and I. All you need to worry about is Suri right now." was all I said as he parked the car, we both shuffled out and I followed him into the hospital. 

I follow him all the way to her room, pausing just outside the door as he brings out little Bree. I smile my sweetest smile at her. "Come along Boo... let's go and find something to eat!"

"I'll text you when you guys can come back!" he says before slipping back inside of the room.

"Okay thanks dude," I reply before the door closes all the way. I turn and lead the sweet little girl to the cafeteria. I knew she had to be hungry, I never personally liked hospital food, but it was better than starving a poor nervous little six-year-old. As I quickly grabbed some food I led her out to the tables and we sat. She seemed so worried about her Mom and her little baby brother. "Sweetheart I promise you that all will be okay, soon you will have a baby brother."

"Mommy will be okay?" she asks me with her sweet little face, always looking up at me with rosy cheeks and a button nose.

"Yes sweetie, your mommy and baby brother will be okay. He's going to be born today, isn't that exciting?" I ask her with excitement in my voice. I could tell you I was so excited for this sweet little one.

"What if I don't want him?" she whispers to me, and I look down at her with concern on my face. 

"Why would you not want him... boo?" I asked calmly, not wanting to startle her.

"Because I can't share Mommy with him! It would be hard! She's my Mommy!" she pleads with a broken smile. I stared down at this bright and beautiful little girl. She simply wanted her mom to love her, which was perfectly normal.