20- Always going to try to escape

Makena's POV

I turned around as the door to our room opened, mentally preparing myself for Jesse, but it was Curtis who poked his head in the door with a rather serious look on his face. "Are you ready yet? I was sent up to get you since Jesse is dealing with my Abby who is out of control!" He holds the door open for me, "We need her to see you down the stairs as you are no longer bound! Imagine what freedom could look like here!"

"Okay, can I finish first with my face? It will only take a second!" I ask, before returning to the bathroom, not giving him a choice. I finished applying my mascara and quickly applied some lipstick to my lips.

Walking back out, I wrap my arm inside of his as he offered it and walked with him willingly down the stairs and up to Jesse's. I turned to the girl in the corner who was crying uncontrollably; the chain was wrapped tightly around her waist and her hands were still cuffed behind her back. I felt so bad for her, I wanted to cry with her. But instead, I stood next to Jesse like a good girl.

"Abby, look... We are not some horrible monsters who will hurt you here! No! This girl's name is Makena! She is Jesse's girl and was actually the first one taken and brought here. She is no longer bound in anything but stands there next to him willingly." Curtis says calmly, "You are safe here, there is hope here!" he seemed to be trying to calm her down in his own way.

I send her a soft sweet smile, I glance up at Jesse as if to ask for his permission to talk. He nods silently, and I turn my attention back to her. "They really are not monsters, just a guy trying to get attention from a girl in an unconventional way!" I said softly, before looking up at him again to make sure I didn't say something that was out of line.

"Abby, Makena here has been in this place for about two and a half weeks; maybe a little longer than that, but in that time I believe she has learned her lesson." He said softly, I could see that he was just trying to help me out as well. "But I will tell you one thing right now if you keep up this charade. If you do, Curtis will be forced to punish you for your bad behavior at my house!" He growled, crossing his arms and puffing out his chest. I could see the shock in her face and the fear in her eyes as he spoke, but the threat he threw at her seems to be working because she's stopped crying. She stopped fighting and seemed to be calming down now.

"Curtis, why don't you take her for dinner," Jesse says, looking at me as he issues the command. His voice held an authoritative tone. He looks down into my face as he reaches out and grabs my wrist. "What's wrong, love?"

Looking up into his eyes, I take a deep breath as I couldn't stop a tear from falling down my face. I felt embarrassed, so I wiped it away. "I just want to know why Jesse? Why are you doing this to me?" I ask softly motioning at the girls who are seated at the table with the two other guys. "To us?" I blink as another tear falls down my already wet face.

He gently brushes my face upwards while whispering "Well, it's because I love you Makena. I want you to be happy with me, it's just you and me!" as he let out a loud sigh. I let him kiss me. I tried to pull away. He breaks the kiss a second later and pulls me along over the table, making sure to sit me right next to him.

I listen closely as Curtis tells Abby about the rules in the house, the rules we girls are expected to follow. It didn't seem fair to me that we girls have to follow all of these rules, but the men can do anything they want. "Now let's eat, I'm starving! It's been a very long day!"

Jesse piles food onto both of our plates, placing mine in front of me. He nods for me to start eating as he digs into his full plate of food. "So I have an announcement... They stopped looking for Makena!"

"What?" I spat out the drink that I had just swallowed.

"Oh yeah, I saw that in the paper today. They think she just ran off with someone and will be back, or something like that. I was going to ask you about it later!" Ruben says, Jesse smiles and winks at me.