30- Loosing his cool

Makena's POV

He closed the small space in-between us as he grasped my chin with his hands and nudged my face up to look into my eyes. I let him kiss me because it was easier and I was getting used to them. He releasing me from the kiss... "I sure am getting used to having you around, I can not wait until I can trust you and not threaten the lives of the people around you to keep you behaving."

He knew that if I had the chance I'd choose to run away from him, from all of this. He terrified me in many ways. The greatest was that I always wondered what if... What if I stopped resisting him and just let him handle everything? Could I ever love someone like him? Would I do what he says and eventually fall for him? Looking into his eyes I smile, trying to be the good girl he wants me to be. "Jesse, what do you see in our future?" I ask him taking in a deep breath.

"I see us having two or three kids. I see us happy and in love; I see my fortune growing so I can easily provide for us as a family. I see at least one boy, maybe two... but I have to have at least one girl, like her Momma." He announces, and I drop my head in shame; it sounds great but I cannot see anything for us.

"I just don't see this happening. I don't see this lasting very long, since let's face it, I will always be the victim of your little game here." I spoke freely, anger shining in his eyes, making them grow darker. After he reached for me, I knew that my comment woke up the sleeping devil. I tried to inch back, trying to put some space between us.  He grabbed my wrist, and I tried to run away from him. He just kept his hold on my wrist, not letting me go anywhere, tightening it with every squirm I made.

He yanks me back hard against the wall of his chest. I wanted to kick him in the groin and flee, but I stopped myself knowing that it will just make him angry. I stayed frozen in place as he sniffed my scent while he whispered in my ear, "You need to remember something very important my dear, you need to remember that you are mine! You should remember that I will never let you go, not ever. I am unwilling to lose you, especially now. Keep that in your stubborn little mind, my love."

He nudges me forward into the house, keeping his hold on me tight. I followed his lead as he kept his grip tight on my wrist, walking slowly up the stairs. Just as we get to the door, he opens it hard and shoves me inside. I turn around to face him, my face red as fury and anger rise up in me. I had yet to fight him back, and I really needed to let him know that I wasn't about to stand by and just take his stuff. "You know what Jesse, I HATE YOU! I have hated you for so long that I doubt I could ever fall for you even if you changed and started being nice to me. I will never truly be yours and knowing that allows me to keep going every day. Knowing that you'll never have me in the way that you want me." I spit at him, chest puffed out and my eyes narrowed into slits. Standing up to him was risky, but I had to do it. It was time.

In that very instant, his face turned evil as he looked at me with anger in his eyes, "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?" he growled out. I knew I was in trouble. I knew I had just awakened the devil within him. I took a step backward, trying to escape from him.

"You heard me!" it was all I could respond to him, as I didn't feel like repeating what I had said. I was afraid of what he would do to me next. All of a sudden he charges towards me, I raise my hands in an attempt to shield myself from him, but as he runs toward me he knocks me back against the wall so hard I bump my head on it. I let out a hiss from the pain as he pressed his body firmly against mine. Grabbing my wrists, he pushes them into the wall with his hands. I look up at him with wide eyes...

He takes a deep breath and calms his voice, "Tell me again what you just said to me?" His low growl intimidates me. I ignore his question and wiggle my hands and body to break free from his grasp. I was trying to get him off, but he was just too strong. This guy wasn't going anywhere. I finally gave in and stopped wiggling. He stared at me with anger-filled eyes.