22- Unique Surprises

Makena's POV

I try to remember the words to one of my favorite songs when I hear the door open as I fight the urge to close my eyes and cry. Looking up towards the door, I see the man I was really starting to hate stepping down the steps with the devil in his eyes. I glare at him as he pauses by Sarah, who had obviously fallen asleep by the looks of things. I wasn't sure whether he'd do something to her, so I made a noise bringing his attention back to me.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he approached me. "Why are you such trouble for me, Makena? Why are you testing me like this?" He growled at me. "All I want out of this is to take care of you, to make you my wife, and for you to live with me. Makena if you let me, I will treat you like my queen!"

Standing over me, he ran his fingers through my hair and down my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. He runs a line from my left shoulder to my right, sending goosebumps up and down my body. I sigh as he trails a line down my back until it reaches my bra clasp. My eyes widen as he flicks his fingers at the back of my bra, releasing the clasp with just two flicks of his fingers. He pulled off my bra, revealing my chest to him. My cheeks grew warm as I noticed him staring at me with a smile on his face. All I could do was watch as he cupped my breast and squeezed lightly. He gives me a mischievous smile as he bends down to whisper into my ear, "You my dear Makena, you are perfectly proportioned.

I narrow my eyes at him. "What are you going to do with me now, Jesse?"

Now, I will leave you down here to teach you that you must stop fighting me and begin trusting me," he says through a smile.

"You know this is wrong, right?"

"I don't care if it's wrong because I want you as mine. That's why I've done all of this. To teach you a lesson, my love. Do you remember that bracelet I gave you?" He asks.

"Yes, I remember," I reply, appreciative of his gift, and proud to wear it that evening. It sits in my jewelry box in the bedroom.

"I'd like to do that again, but only if you behave. Running away is not being a good girl. Also, the faster you accept me, the sooner we can go back to normal." He says in a typical cold tone.

"If I accept you, are you actually gonna take me back?"

"Yes, I never planned to hide you here forever!" he says.

"What?"

"Now, I'm going up to do a few things. Then I'll be back later so we can talk more." He said calmly before standing up and walking up the stairs, closing the door behind him. I sit there still very exposed to the world, freezing as I hear the lock click into place, indicating that he has locked it again. I was cold, I was thirsty, I was hungry, and I was miserable! I wanted nothing more than to be back in the room, back in the warmth of his arms. I would probably do or say anything right now to get out of this chair. I was pretty sure that's exactly what he wanted from me... This is why he was doing all of this in the first place.

Several hours later...

I must have fallen asleep because here he was, shaking me abruptly awake. His voice vibrating in my ears gave me a headache from hell. I look up at him in shock; he's staring down at me. I was not sure of what I did to make him mad, but he seemed more than mad. Maybe he was even a little worried. "What do you want now?" I ask him, rolling my eyes. My head was pounding, making me wonder how long I have been down here.

Saying nothing, he holds up a plate full of food as he shovels spoonfuls into my mouth. He stopped every now and then to help me drink from a water bottle. I was grateful to him for the food as I was starving. The rest of the time that he kept me here he would come down and bring food and water once a day, and every now and then he would take me to the bathroom to relieve the pressure so I would not soil myself. I was thankful for that. Sarah had already left the basement a few days ago, and Abby has even appeared down here. I silently hoped that they were both being good.

On day number thirty, I hear the door open and his footsteps begin to descend the stairs. He paused for a moment at the bottom, I glance in his direction and find him glaring back at me as our eyes lock. He eventually drops his eyes, slipping a blanket over my shivering body as he walks over to me. He begins to undo my wrists and ankles before scooping me up in his big arms, holding me tight against his strong chest. He started walking toward the door and I burrowed my face into his chest as he led me through the house. I knew we had reached our room when he paused and opened the door.

He walks over to the bed and gently places me on top of the plush soft converter. He sits down next to me, making the bed shift from his weight, and he stares at me. I hug the blanket tighter around my trembling body and stare up into his eyes, not knowing what he will do next. I was having a hard time keeping them open as exhaustion set in.

"So I have a surprise for you, my love!" He beams sweetly as he places a smile on his devilishly handsome face. "Tell me what you think about what I did, I had to do something to prevent myself from going down there to be with you!" He gestures around the room, I blink in confusion. What the heck was going on?

I glance around the room, confused at what he was suggesting until I noticed the dresser. It had been painted a dark grey color. In fact, the entire room had been totally redone. The walls had been painted dark grey, the bed had been completely replaced and now was covered with a gray chevron comforter with grey and white throw pillows piled on it. The dresser was now white with grey drawers and special knobs that matched the room perfectly. It looked like a room from an HGTV flipper show. I loved the way he made the room look.

"So?" He asks, one eyebrow raised.

"I like what you did!"

"Good" he smiles. I saw him disappear into the bathroom, I heard the water turn on in the bathtub and then he came back a few minutes later. I widen my eyes as he pulls the blanket off of me and throws it on the floor. He gently removes my dirty panties, and butterflies begin to flutter in my belly. He scoops me up into his arms and walks back into the bathroom. He gently lays me down into the water, soaking his long sleeves in the process. The warm water felt so good, so I settled back against the tub to soak it all up.

"I'll leave you here to wash up, there are clothes and a towel right there for you." He says, pointing at the pile of clothes. "After you've washed up, come sit with me in the room, so that we can have a long talk."

He flashes me a warm smile before walking back out of the room, closing the door softly behind him. I sat in the warm water, enjoying the feeling of warmth. I had been cold for far too long. I leaned my head against the back of the tub and closed my eyes. I could have fallen asleep right there, it felt so good lying there in the water. But he was out in the room waiting for me, so I had to get out.

After a few minutes of relaxation, I decided it was time to wash up and leave. I just had to know what he wanted to talk to me about. I was pretty sure that he would tell me off for running away from him. I also wanted to know if everything was alright with the other two girls.

After washing my hair, I stood up and climbed out of the tub onto the bathroom rug. I grabbed the towel off the counter and wrapped it around my body. Walking up to the mirror, I wiped the steam off and stared at my reflection. I looked so haggard, I looked defeated, I looked like I had given up on myself. I certainly felt that way. I glance over at the pile of clothes and start putting them on. He had picked a pair of soft cotton pants and a t-shirt that matched them. I put the socks on my feet, and they were already enjoying the feeling of being warm. In order not to keep him waiting too long, I quickly brush out my hair and then open the door and walk into our room.