37- Getting intimate

Makena's POV

Looking around the room, I find myself in his bedroom. I reach over and find his side of the bed empty and wonder where he went. Sitting up I hear the sound of water turning off in the bathroom and knew where he was. Standing up, I realized I was wearing some pajama pants and a tank; I was in my usual clothing for bedtime. I remembered how sweet he was after my ordeal, he didn't press me for anything as he promised, which honestly surprised me.

I glance towards the bathroom as the door opens and he steps out with nothing but a towel around his waist, butterflies started fluttering in my stomach as the idea of sleeping with him ran through my head. "Good morning, Beautiful," he said softly.

"Good morning," I reply as he closes the distance between us, stopping right in front of me. I inhale as I look up into his eyes, he grabs my hand and pulls me into him as he wraps his arms around me while he breathes down my neck. I could feel butterflies fluttering furiously in my stomach. I shiver as he runs his finger down my arm, causing goosebumps to appear all the way down it. He draws his hand up to cup my chin and tilts my face up so his lips meet mine. The kiss was light and gentle and his scent of oak and vanilla swarmed through my senses, causing butterflies to flutter and the heat to rise, pooling beneath my lower region. When he broke the kiss, I pulled myself away from him. He changed his face and demeanor in an instant, his eyes grew dark and I noticed his anger rising. I wanted to run away like he turned into a completely different person and I didn't want to be with him anymore.

"What's wrong, my love?" He stared deeply into my eyes while raising his eyebrow in annoyance.

"I'm not quite sure if I'm exactly ready to do that yet, Jesse. I'm sorry." I said swallowing hard, hoping that leaving it simple would be sufficient. He took a moment to collect himself and I could tell he was thinking about something. I wasn't quite prepared for what he did next, even though I should have expected it from him. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back toward my room, the room in which I had been locked. He shoves me inside the door before shutting it behind him.

I know I promised not to force the matter, but come on Makena you are my wife! Being my wife means I expect you to fully give yourself to me, and I expect to be able to make love with my wife. You're mine, no one else gets to have you, not ever again. So this is what I will do, you will remain here until you are ready to give yourself to me and be intimate with me!" He growled as he slammed the door shut. I hear the lock click into place, staring at the door, a tear falls down my face, nothing has changed for him. I am nothing but his property. I shrug my shoulders and pick up a change of clothes for the day, decide to take a brief shower while I'm at it.

***************

Jesse's POV

I couldn't believe she still wouldn't sleep with me. I mean I am now her husband and I deserve to be treated like a man and have my woman give me what I want! I hated locking her in the room, especially after I promised her I wouldn't do it anymore, but I just wanted her so badly I didn't trust myself not to force the matter on her. I needed her out of sight while I calmed myself down.

I heard the chime of my phone letting me know that I received a message, taking it out of my drawer I looked at the screen to see who it was from. Jake: Hey, my Captain wants you and Makena to come into the department today sometime to turn in your statements from last night. We need to cover all our bases here, you know. I shoot him a text in reply: Ok, we will be over in a little bit. Makena just woke up, so I'm going to allow her to shower and change first. Then we will swing by! I pull on some clothes quickly and tell her to get ready. I had to tell her that we had to go to the police station so we could give them our statements. I hadn't asked her what happened while she was with Marcel, and I really wanted to know everything he did to her while she was with him and his men.