18- Surprises and more surprises

Makena's POV

I opted for a simple yet sophisticated dress, coral in color, with floral lace around it. It had a decorative button around the waist. It was sleeveless, it wasn't too revealing in other areas. So I grab it and hang it on the back of the bathroom door before stripping down and climbing into the nice warm water of my bath. I heard a tap on the door as I was relaxing, feeling grateful that I had put in lavender bubbles. "Come in!" I raised my voice, and as I glanced up, I saw Jesse approach the tub with me naked inside. I catch my breath as he teasingly brushes his fingers across the bubbles; he stares at me with a devilish smile on his face.

"Hey, "

"Hey back," I reply.

"I felt I needed to come in here and warn you that we have another girl in the house—she was brought in just this morning! This is Ruben's girl, and I've also located one for Curtis as well. She'll be arriving in a few days. I just wanted to warn you, you've seen the punishment room now. I only have the one chain, if pushed, I can add another but I'm hoping you won't run." He says looking me deep in the eyes.

"I won't run, Jesse! Please don't put that chain around me again!" I say quietly, fighting hard to suppress my tears from running down my face.

"That's a good girl, you might be learning. You'll be able to meet her at dinner. Dress up accordingly." Then pauses when he notices my dress hanging from the back of the door. "Now that will definitely look beautiful on you, I am pleased with your choice. See you soon, my love." He turns and walks out the door.

I hurry up to finish my bath, worried he will return. Standing in front of the mirror, I decide it's best to wear my hair down. So I straighten it, then add a slight wave. I put on black eyeliner, then finish my makeup with mascara and lip gloss.

Walking into my bedroom to wait for him to come, I began to feel uncomfortable with the prospect of having to doll myself up for him. But, for the most part, he didn't give me much choice in the matter. "Come in" I yell out at the knock at the door. I watch as he walks in, looking sharp in a suit. I wondered what the big deal was?

"Wow, Makena, you look gorgeous tonight!" His eyes sparkled with lust as I saw the look of hunger in his eyes.

"Thank you!" I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"You are welcome, my love. I brought you a present." He says softly as he holds out a black velvet box. "Open it." I was surprised, he was giving me a gift? Opening the box, I stared wide-eyed at the beautiful silver diamond-studded bracelet that sat there. It was absolutely stunning, and it looked like it cost him a fortune. "Do you like it?"

"I love it! It's so pretty, thanks."

"You are welcome, I want you to wear it tonight!" He pulls the bracelet out of the box and slips it on my wrist. Clasping the clasp in place. "Remember, Makena, if you follow my orders and behave you'll be treated like a queen. Fight me and you'll pay the price."

"Of course, I'm beginning to understand that," I say marveling at the bracelet now sitting on my wrist, the infinity symbol proving I was his forever.

"Well, then, let's get going." He says, walking back to the door and opening it. He holds the door open for me to walk through without putting the cuffs on my hands. As I exit the door, I glance at him and stop, the idea of him forcing down tying me to the table flashing in my head before I could have attempted to run away. So, I didn't run. I knew it would be useless since he had this whole place surrounded by an electric fence. If I tried to escape, he would just catch me again and then punish me in a much worse way.

He steps down the hallway stopping at the top of the stairs. I stop behind him, peering over the rail I see Ruben standing there with fire in his eyes, a pretty girl in his arms.