19- My embarrassment endures

Makena's POV

As I sit here and watch him place all his clothes in a small section of the closet, and one-half of the dresser drawers, I find that I am not too fond of sharing a room with him.

As I watch him work, I started to think about everything that's going on. I wasn't sure if I could ever have feelings for him since I've hated him for so long. How can a woman love someone that has been the focus of most of her nightmares? All of that was just from high school. Now he's done much worse... He's shackled me to a table without food or water for three days and expects me to follow every damn rule he's made. I move over to the window and stare out into the darkness. I actually found myself doing it a great deal as I try to come to terms with everything he has been doing to me. I mean what else could I do as he kept me locked away for hours in this bedroom.

I heard him leave the room, not knowing when he would return I turn toward my closet to grab some PJ's, as it was getting rather late. I knew he would get upset if I wasn't ready for bed when he got back. I wondered what he does when he's not here with me, but shook the thought right out of my head as fast as I could. I didn't want to care about him, because if I cared about something so little then there was a chance that I could care a lot.

Standing in the closet, I scanned the racks where his clothes now hung; I've never shared anything with a man before. I had plans to move in with Malcolm after the wedding, but it never happened. That was actually when I ended up moving in with Suri and Jake, as I had already turned in my notice and the place had already been leased to someone else. So, I still had to move somewhere!

I selected a pair of black cotton drawstring pants paired with a black John Deere t-shirt for the top. I usually sleep in a tank top but figured that might give him the wrong idea so I had to remain covered.

I walked back into the bathroom and turned on the bath. I wanted a nice long soak in some nice warm water so I tested the temp and clogged the drain. Adding some relaxing lavender bubbles to help me unwind so I can get some sleep tonight. After all, I was going to be sleeping in the same bed as him and that thought scared me beyond words. On top of that, he was giving me no choice about it.

After about 45 minutes I was done soaking, and I got out of the bathtub, dripping water onto the mat. I grabbed a towel from the rack and dried myself off, wrapping the towel around my long hair and squeezing the water out. I put on my selected PJ clothes and walk into the room where I smack into his bare chest. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, trying to get a grip on myself, because I mean that was one amazing-looking chest. Boy, this man really took care of himself, I pulled myself away from his chiseled six-pack and gazed up in his face, where I found him smirking back at me.

"It's quite all right, I mean I should be used to you running into me by now." He spoke through a huge smile. He made me want to smack that ridiculous grin off of his face. I mean seriously, I'm not sure we're at that stage yet if we were together at all.

"Oh, yeah! No offense taken" I whisper turning to walk away, only to have his hand grip my wrist and hold me in place. This was his signature move with me.

"Where do you think you are going, my love?" He asks still talking through the smirk on his face.

"Oh well, I was just going to climb into bed, Jesse!" I had given up arguing with him about the damn nickname. He was never going to stop using it anyway.

He tugs gently on my wrist pulling me back into his grasp, wrapping his huge bulky arms around my tiny body. I stood still, letting him do what he wanted as I didn't want to piss him off by trying to get away. I could feel shivers running down my spine as he breathed hot air down my neck. "I'm really sorry, Makena! I'm truly sorry. I just want to make you mine forever." He whispered into my ear, I felt that he wouldn't be letting me go anytime soon.