40- Getting Arrested for my crimes

Makena's POV

"I have something very important to tell you, my love." Jesse tells me as he steps into the kitchen. I turn to face him.

"What is that Jesse, I need to start cooking dinner, I am starving!" I say.

"That can wait. Perhaps we will order in. I just want to get this out." he says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me into him. He wraps his arms around my body.

"Okay, okay," I answer, gazing into his handsome face. He looked seriously haggard all of a sudden, and I wondered why? What was going on now? There just seems to be one thing after another. When will I be able to stop all this and just enjoy my life, relax for the baby growing in me? I was so excited to have a boy since my mom always wanted a boy. I wanted her to know the good news, and I wanted to be a good mother for my baby boy. I wanted to stay with him, as I had no intention of leaving him after my pregnancy.

He clears his throat, and slowly wipes a stray strand of hair away from my eyes, tucking it behind my ear. I smile up at him while he stares into my eyes. "Makena, I told Jake the truth about us. About how we started!"

I stared at his face, unsure of what he was saying. "You told Jake what exactly?" I asked him, before biting my lip to stop myself from stealing a kiss.

"I told him about kidnapping you!"

"Why?" I asked him, as he stared at me. He looked like he was about to sob. I didn't know how I would react to seeing him cry.

He glanced down at the floor, away from my face. "I told him because Sarah got out and turned Ruben in, he called me while you were napping to tell me that!" he says so softly that I was put out by what transpired.

"Really? Wow... that's crazy... but why did you call Jake and tell him about it all?" 

"I called Jake because I felt like I could trust him, and because Ruben shot and killed himself while he was on the phone with me Makena, I heard the shot. He refused to go to jail, saying he would not make it there. Plus, he doesn't have what you have, Makena... Sarah never loved him back." he says calmly and I study his face because he looked so pale. I could tell that he was upset, I wanted to hug him and make it all better at that moment, but I knew I couldn't do that for him.

"Jesse, are you okay?" I ask him, pulling his face back up so that I could look him directly in the eyes. He wasn't acting like himself, and that concerned me.

When he pulled away from me, I saw the smile on his face. "You amaze me, woman, I tell you someone knows the truth about you and your situation, that could help you get away from me and all of this. Yet you're worried about what I'm feeling?" when he was done saying all that, I knew he was teasing me by the way he leaned up against the counter. I heard the ding from his phone and knew he had a message, but I didn't think anything of it until I saw his face go white when he stared into the screen reading the text.

He glances up at me with wide eyes, "Makena, they are coming to arrest me right now." he whispers out.

I look up in his face, "What? But I have not filed any charges against you... what about Charlie and Marcel? What will happen to me and our baby if you go to jail?" I whisper back at him. I watch as he slowly closes the distance between us, placing his hand on my slightly swollen belly. Our son making himself known, I couldn't hold back my tears as I stared into his handsome face.

He looked down at me with sadness in his eyes, I could tell that he was feeling bad about everything that was going on. "Makena, I am so sorry. I love you with all my heart and soul! I don't want anything bad to happen to you, so I asked Jake to watch over you. He said he would protect you and our baby. I'm hoping that I won't be in there for too long and that I can get out on bail soon." He smiles at me. "I don't think you'll press charges against me, but for now, since they are on their way, I need you not to fight them and let me go with them. It will look better if we don't fight them, I'll get Luke to bail me out so that I'm with you to protect you!" He explains, brushing the back of his hand against my cheek. I look up and meet his mouth to mine. I didn't want him to leave me like this.