17- His torture is damaging me

Makena's POV

"I hated to build all of this, but it's the only way to make sure that you don't go anywhere. That you behave yourself," he said calmly motioning to all of the gadgets, chains, ropes, chairs, and tables. My gut told me to fight him and run away yet my feet were screaming the opposite. I stopped and stared up at him with fear in my eyes. The tear was running down my cheek, as I knew he would soon do something horrible to me. "Oh love, don't cry!" He gently wipes away the tear that falls from my cheek. "It's okay, I promise you will be gentle this time. But I hope you'll learn your lesson and not run away from me again."

He then scoops me up roughly and throws me on the table. But not hard enough to hurt me. Grabbing my wrists, he straps them down, then he moves to my ankles and straps them as well. I began to shake as I stared up at him, scared of what he might do to me now. As he bends over, he places his mouth next to my ear. "Let's see you try to run from me now!"

He turns around and walks back up the stairs, pausing only to turn off the lights. I heard the sharp sound of the door closing, and then the click of the lock. Shit... I say to myself. Why did I have to run? I wondered how long he planned to keep me here, what was he going to do now? I had so many thoughts running through my mind as my eyes began to grow heavy and I felt the blackness overtake me.

***************

Jesse's POV

I hated throwing her down on the table in that way; I hated having to tie her down in order for her to stay with me at all. There was no heat in the basement, and she was left down there without a blanket. I knew she was going to freeze tonight and I was going to have to distract myself from bringing her back up into the warmth.

"Hey Ruben, what are your plans for tonight?" I asked my best friend while walking into his room.

"I am heading to the club, the one where Sarah works." He said excitedly. I wondered whether he would enjoy a friendly face on his outing. I decided to tell him the truth about why I was going with him. It was all his fault I was doing this at all anyways.

"Great, mind if I tag along?" I ask, "after all, you do owe me big for being the reason she got out in the first place! I told you she wasn't ready to go unchained yet, women just don't forgive that easily!" I say sitting down in one of his chairs.

"Sure, why not? But I thought you would want to stay and watch over her."

"No... I need to distract myself otherwise I'd just go there and let her go. Get me out of here, Ruben" I say. Maybe I sounded too enthused but I was looking forward to my next round of drinks.

"Let's go then! I'll meet you in the car!" he said, picking up his laptop bag.

"No, we're taking the truck!"

"Fine, whatever you say!" He gave up on arguing with me. Which actually was for the best. I always got what I wanted, as the leader.

About twenty minutes later, we arrived in front of the club where Sarah worked as a cocktail waitress. I was kind of glad my girl, was just a regular waitress at a restaurant. I don't envy him, eyeing the men who slapped her on the ass. Gritting his teeth as some drunken jerk pulls her onto his lap.

I look across the bar and see a familiar face, that's when I started to hit the shots. This girl was dangerous, I knew that but it didn't stop me from saying hello to an old friend. When I drew closer to her she turned away from me. She just up and disappeared so I started to drink a lot.

After midnight we went back to the house, Ruben was driving since he stayed sober. I wasn't taking seeing her again very well, and he knew it, and so drove me home and helped me to bed. That's what friends are for, right?