14- Facing his first punishment

Makena's POV

I immediately start crying when I open my eyes. It wasn't all a dream, after all, I was so hopeful that it was. I was in the bedroom that he gave me, and I was starting to really get tired of the color pink. I wondered what he would do with me today, the unknown scared me. I worried he'd try to force me to do something I didn't want to do. I just wanted to be at home with Suri, Jake, and Bree. They were my family here, they would be the ones missing me the most, and I wondered if they were looking for me at all?

I was pretty sure they were because I went missing the same day their house was broken into and robbed. That had to seem very suspicious!

I roll out of bed, walk to the bathroom, go inside and go to the bathroom to ease the pressure from sleeping. I decided while I was in there that it probably would be best if I got dressed right away. I never knew when he would pop in to say hello and demand I pay him attention.

Walking towards the closet, I hear a soft tap on my door and then I see a piece of paper slide in from the bottom of the door. I pick it up and read the message on the paper:

Dear Makena,
I'm sorry but I have to make a run into work today, I'll be gone until around four pm. I asked Ruben to bring you your breakfast and lunch today. I can not wait to come home and eat dinner with you, don't forget to dress up for me tonight. We will be eating at 6 pm sharp, I will see you then...
Love,
Jesse

I wondered what I would do today, so I decided to take advantage of him being away and take a shower knowing he wouldn't walk in while I was changing or naked. I may have been forced to stay here, but that doesn't mean I'll neglect my own needs. As long as he provides me with the ability to do so, I will continue to stay clean, wash my hair, and wear makeup.

Stepping out of the shower, I grab the towel and wrap it around my body. Brushing my hair, I walk out of the bathroom to find a tray sitting beside my bed. With two strips of bacon and a pile of pancakes, it looks so good. I grab a pair of leggings and an oversized shirt from the closet and put them on before turning to the plate and devouring it.

After eating breakfast, I decided to look through the books he filled up my shelves with. After finding an interesting one, I settled into the chair to read. What else could I do?

***************

Jesse's POV

Walking into my office building, I was annoyed that I even had to make an appearance! A leave of absence was supposed to mean that I didn't have to report for work for the duration of its term, right?

I was summoned here for two reasons, the first being that Makena's friend suspected that I had something to do with her disappearance due to the fact that I had not been to the diner since she went missing. The second was an interview Luke set up for me. I didn't want her or the cops to know I had her! I am not planning on telling them the truth, and I will hide it from them until it's evident she loves me and I no longer have to hide her.

"Hello Mr. Campbell, my name is detective Andrews and I am the one investigating the disappearance of a beautiful young woman who went missing on Tuesday. You wouldn't happen to be able to tell me your whereabouts on that day around 10 am to noon?" He asks and I watch him pull out a tablet to take down my answers.

"Oh, yeah, I was here in a meeting." I lied through my teeth. But I knew the meeting was recorded in the books, and Luke would lie for me. "Can I ask the girl's name?" I asked.

He glances at me as if he were observing my facial expression, my reactions. "Her name is Makena Kindell, I heard you and her have an interesting history," he says in a calm tone.