6- Last day of school

Today was the last day of my high school career, I was ecstatic to have it finally done and over with. Grateful that I wouldn't have to see his face every day anymore. This year went by in a flash. They weren't holding any classes today, it was yearbook day. A day of saying bye, and signing yearbooks. Tomorrow I'm walking on the stage and getting my diploma.

I watch the students and teachers talk and laugh, as I walk through the halls. I knew I would miss this place, even though I wanted to get the hell out of here as soon as possible. I was going to miss some of my teachers, my friends, and tell you the truth I'm going to miss this building. But life must move on, I know this.

I was extremely grateful for my teacher Mrs. Childs who always listened to my stories and offered me her advice about all of my problems, and Mr. Baker because he inspired me to follow my dreams and pursue writing as a profession. I even had a few of my poems published in the school magazine, he always told me I was a natural storyteller.

My group of friends found a nice cozy spot in the lobby to hang out today. We sat around telling stories and reminiscing about our favorite memories of our time spent here at the school. "Hey Mak, do you remember when you knocked Jake over in the hallway by your locker?" Trinity asks in a chuckle.

"Yes, " I looked up at Jake and find him trying to hold in a laugh. "These boys were staring at me, you all know who it was. Jake said something about one being my boyfriend and it just pissed me off so bad that I pushed him away. I was actually surprised when he toppled over in front of a hallway full of kids."

"Yeah well, I wasn't balanced properly. That was the only reason you were able to push me over in the first place." He explains, talking with his hands moving around.

"Yeah, yeah."

"No seriously, a girl as little as you could never otherwise take a guy like me down like that!" He mumbles out, brows borrowed and voice raised a bit.

"But still Jake, you should admit that it was pretty funny," I say, chuckling.

"Yeah, I know it was funny! At least I am able to laugh at it now!" He nudged me lightly in the side, while he laughed.

"Plus, it was so nice of Jesse to leave me alone after that omg! I knew I needed it too." I squeal, out loud to everyone around me. "Especially since it was that dang phone call that Trinity made me do that started it all..."

"You do know that all of that happened by mistake, right?" She looks my way with sympathy. "I am so sorry, you know that I never intended it to happen like that." She says.

"Well, of course, I was just reminiscing." I let out a small laugh to clarify that I wasn't mad at all. But I knew all too well how our friendship had suffered after that day.

A little while later, we were signing our yearbooks when I noticed they were entering from across the room. Standing up, I waited for Suri to finish teasing Jake because we had already decided to leave the office and headed to Mrs. Childs class to officially say goodbye. As I watch them approach us, I laugh out loud at a joke she just told.

I saw Jake's face, as he came closer. He was furious towards Jesse and glared straight at him. I remembered another event that had happened that day, Jake had left me alone due to the other event. After I left on the bus that day, I recalled did he really leave me alone that day and that fact alone made me wonder what had transpired between them.

"Hey Makena, can you sign my yearbook? He asks holding the book out towards me, he has a nervous look on his face, and stares straight at Jake." I had never seen him like this, usually, he was so cocky and smug always showing off for the ladies who might be watching.