31- His disappearing act

Jesse's POV

It has been seven whole days since I pulled the gun on her, 7 days since she said she would stop fighting me. She'd stop trying to escape. I hadn't seen her since that day because I had to leave on a business trip to sign my lease contract for a new office building for my business as I began expanding. I've left her with Mary, I knew I could trust her since she's been my dedicated employee for more than ten years. She was almost like a second mother to me. I glance up as the door of my office opens and my receptionist sticks her head inside. "Sir, the building manager is here to see you."

"Perfect, send him in." I watched as she shut the door silently, I was expecting to be back today and couldn't wait to see her. Being away from her has been torture for me. I wanted to be back home, I wanted to hold her and kiss her sweet lips.

I hear the door open, and his heavy footsteps approaching the desk. I glance up in time to give him a friendly smile. "Hello sir, my name is Ben Anderson. I am the building manager. It sounds like you are having some problems. How can I assist you today?" he asks me with a smile on his face.

"Yes, we are preparing to open my office in a few weeks. The inspector told me that we cannot move forward for another month because of a code violation! Now, what can you do to solve this little problem for me?" I growled at him in frustration, hoping he heard my frustrations in my voice.

"Awe, I see... let's see. Since the violation was our fault, I will fix it on my dime and waive your rent for the next 90 days, that's three months." He smiles at me.

"Sounds great, it's a deal! Now I'll be back in a few weeks. I'm hoping the issue will be resolved by then." I reply to him.

"That's strange don't you business tycoon guys usually stay around when trouble strikes?" he asks in surprise.

"Well, I have a wedding this Saturday, so I must get back to my bride-to-be. I will be back in a few weeks to wrap up things here" I explain, not pleased that I had to explain myself to him. Why should it matter that I am leaving?

"Well, OK, I hope you're leaving someone here to supervise things while you're gone!" he chuckled.

"I am."

"Good luck on your flight home, and congratulations."

"Thank you." As I watched the old man leave, I picked up my cell phone and dialed my assistant, Mr. Larsen.

"Hello?" I heard a gruff voice come over the phone as if he was sleeping.

"Hey, it's me." I say.

"Oh, hi boss, what's up?" I could tell he was not fully pleased hearing my voice, but I didn't care since the one thing that old man said that made sense was that I needed someone to keep an eye on things and report back straight to me.

"Well -- you see I have a small issue over here, and since my wedding is this weekend I need you to come and handle it for me until I can come back here." I explain, hoping he'd help me like he usually does.

"Okay." he says simply.

"Fine, so book a flight. You have to report here in the morning!" I say calmly, happy that he agreed to do it so quickly.

"Right away boss!"

"Goodman, I will be leaving as soon as you arrive. Feel free to call me if you need, or get ahold of me through email, should I not be answering my phone with any problems you may have." I tell him.

"It's no problem boss, I am more than willing to help you and I hope you know that," he says as we hang up the phone. I was feeling less nervous as someone trustworthy would be here to handle all of the issues that were surrounding this office branch opening. I might even promote him to lead it if he impresses me in all of this.